HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 ... 3 4 5 (6) 7 8 9 ... 19 »

Re: 30" Browns

From Along the Lehigh Above the Gap
Quote:

c_nesbella wrote:
In response to sbeckers comments. I thought this was a 30" fish thread not a fish handling thread. First of all I am 100% sure the fish was fine. Blah blah blah blah

Thanks for the laugh. I appreciate the fantastic response.

In the end....I was not insulting your characte, I was insulting your fish handling skills. You are probably the nicest guy ever, but your fish handling can get better. Work on it.

Posted on: 2013/11/5 21:53

http://bugflingerandfeatherlasher.blogspot.com/

From Eastern PA
Quote:

SBecker wrote:
Quote:

c_nesbella wrote:
In response to sbeckers comments. I thought this was a 30" fish thread not a fish handling thread. First of all I am 100% sure the fish was fine. Blah blah blah blah

Thanks for the laugh. I appreciate the fantastic response.

In the end....I was not insulting your characte, I was insulting your fish handling skills. You are probably the nicest guy ever, but your fish handling can get better. Work on it.

Dude the fish is over 30" and obviously had met its life expectancy anyway. Live and let die, imo.

Posted on: 2013/11/5 22:22

From Dauphin PA
c_nesbella,

You do realize that Becker is a professional tournament fisher, right. He will get out a sighter and nymph that cash right out of your wallet. I almost kept a straight face on that one. I wasn't a fan of the way the fish was held but it's done and didn't feel the urge to bring it up as it would serve little or no purpose.
------------------------
Mike did not ddefinitely say that 30" trout are the mountain lions of PA. Can they or do they exist? Odds are yes but in very limited numbers. I'm waiting for a 30" "lightning trout" to show up in this thread. Lastly and not to contradict what a biologist has stated, I believe the WB has given up 30" trout quite a few times over the last 2 years. One of the Phillies pitchers took one 31" on a caddis a few weeks prior to our Catskill Jam. Photo was in fly shop / caught at dream catcher lodge. I would be satisfied if I saw it in person but I didn't. I've seen several pics of bruisers but their build leads me to believe they are escaped lake fish.

Posted on: 2013/11/5 22:44

From Eastern PA
Lightning trout, god I forgot about those beasts!

I think the general consensus of the thread is that 30"+ non-lake run trout are very, very, very, very rare. I would suggest that the D is one of the few places, probably the only place today, that you will find those rare fish.

Posted on: 2013/11/5 23:42

From PA
Quote:

greenghost wrote:
So after five pages of rumors and stories and pictures and stats from the PFBC--outside of trout from Erie and other large lakes--no proof of 30" fish from any PA stream or river has been set forth. Some have come close, but perhaps the upper 20s is the absolute limit in the flowing waters of the commonwealth.

Dude, I am not trying to be argumentive, but there is some 30" trout in streams. Again, most high quality limestoners have produced fish of those proportions. I will agree 30 to 31 seems to be the max though. And I am sick of seeming like I am repeating, but I have a legit limestone caught 30 1/2" on the wall. Two other members of our local TU group that I know of have also caught fish of this size, on the exact same stream. They are surely rare, but they are out there.

In fact, a lot these posters did a good job coming up with waters that produce them. Some of the fish that I am aware of were caught from these mentioned waters.

Posted on: 2013/11/6 0:23

From Eastern PA
Quote:

Brown71 wrote:
Quote:

greenghost wrote:
So after five pages of rumors and stories and pictures and stats from the PFBC--outside of trout from Erie and other large lakes--no proof of 30" fish from any PA stream or river has been set forth. Some have come close, but perhaps the upper 20s is the absolute limit in the flowing waters of the commonwealth.

Dude, I am not trying to be argumentive, but there is some 30" trout in streams. Again, most high quality limestoners have produced fish of those proportions. I will agree 30 to 31 seems to be the max though. And I am sick of seeming like I am repeating, but I have a legit limestone caught 30 1/2" on the wall. Two other members of our local TU group that I know of have also caught fish of this size, on the exact same stream. They are surely rare, but they are out there.

In fact, a lot these posters did a good job coming up with waters that produce them. Some of the fish that I am aware of were caught from these mentioned waters.

If it is on your wall then tape it, post pics and profit from you victory!

Posted on: 2013/11/6 0:29

From PA
I am pretty computer dumb but when I get back from being out of town I will try to post a pic of the fish the day caught, along with a 29" from the same stream. I am sure my wife will be able to do it.

Posted on: 2013/11/6 1:05

From Patterson twp, Pa (Beaver Falls)
It's been talked about very briefly in here, but I would say there's a very good chance a 30" brown could come from the Allegheny. Here's some good proof.

http://www.alleghenyguideservice.com/recentcatches.shtml

Posted on: 2013/11/6 7:32

From LV
All I'm interested in is finding the streams with brookies that are big enough to eat all the browns. and there are some of those around, but I ain't telling.

Posted on: 2013/11/6 8:25

From SEPA
Quote:

Chaz wrote:
All I'm interested in is finding the streams...and there are some of those around, but I ain't telling.

Wait a second...

How many threads have you bombed about how you're upset that no one shares their "private" information because that's wrong and a travesty compared to how things used to be.

Matter of fact, I believe there's a 7 page whining thread you've recently started on this very subject.

Anyways, in the interest of not derailing this exciting thread, allow me to redirect your seemingly at-odds responses over where its more appropriate.

Posted on: 2013/11/6 9:39

From Dauphin PA
Hey Chaz,

Give me a few of those brookie streams on your list. I hear they make great bait for big browns.

Posted on: 2013/11/6 11:12

From Camp Hill, PA
I guess some of you do not read entire threads before commenting.

I gave you a picture and a published article of a 32.5", 15.8 lbs, brown caught in Big Spring Creek 2012. No I did not see the fish...but, everything published must be true...fishermen don't exaggerate! Find the article...and look at the photo in the Yellow Breeches Outfitters. The fish was released. Go find it.

The publication also mentions "past" state records:

Don Martin, Big Spring Creek, 1945, Brown Trout, 31", 15.5 lbs., 20.5" girth. (article states caught near location above 2012 fish was caught)

Joe Humphreys, Fishing Creek, 1977, Brown Trout, 34", 15 lbs. 5 oz.

Oh ya...somebody please video the fishing duel...

Posted on: 2013/11/6 11:34

From Other side of the tracks
Quote:

ryguyfi wrote:
It's been talked about very briefly in here, but I would say there's a very good chance a 30" brown could come from the Allegheny. Here's some good proof.

http://www.alleghenyguideservice.com/recentcatches.shtml

He's lying. There are no big browns in the Allegheny, or in the Clarion River for that matter.

Posted on: 2013/11/6 11:46

From Cato, NY
My feeling is there are very very very few streams that hold a true 30" fish but they do exist.

Also most people from my experience overestimate the length of their fish too when they get close to 20". A true 20" wild trout looks like a 25" trout without measuring and I have seen many trout that are thick as footballs that I caught that i thought were 20" and only ended up 17-18" when measured.

Posted on: 2013/11/6 12:07

From florida
Fish at night in the ,oops no spot burn. Biggest trout biggest water. GG

Posted on: 2013/11/6 12:22

« 1 ... 3 4 5 (6) 7 8 9 ... 19 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Goal during a day on the water....
Catching a single fish makes me happy 19% (18)
I want to catch every fish in the stream 4% (4)
50 dinks is a dream day 2% (2)
Only want to catch big fish 9% (9)
Catching the toughest fish in the steam is my goal 4% (4)
Beautiful place, hit the hatch and whatever happens, happens 29% (27)
Who cares? It beats work. 31% (29)
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll closed at 2014/11/27 22:13
Comments?

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com