Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 ... 18 »

Re: 2011 PAFF Annual Jamboree - May 20,21,22 - Seven Mountains CG

From Pretty much everywhere at some point, Thorndale today.
I know where it is, great location for our purposes. Keeps Penns close and makes it a lot easier to go elsewhere.

I have no idea what the actual campground is like, but I look forward to finding out.

Posted on: 2010/12/27 22:57

From Dallastown, PA
Quote:

jdaddy wrote:
"Rack Rates" as shown on their website or was there a discount negotiated? Either way is fine, just asking before people start calling.

Well being there are four picnic tables in the pavillion.....I imagine there that there is a sufficient stage for Jack (CoCo) to strike a deal with the owners.

It says $25/night for 2 in a tent site.....(10% discount for 2-3 tents) I would also imagine we get all tent sites for at max $22.50/per Being we will consume over 10 and likely 20 sites.

Posted on: 2010/12/27 23:11

From Pittsburgh
Sounds like a great location guys. Right between spring and penns creek.
And also close to honey and kish creeks - streams that I've tried a few times, but would like to get to know better.
Looking forward to it

Posted on: 2010/12/28 0:11

From Monessen, PA
Seven Mountains is definitely more expensive than prior year's CG locations. I think tenters should inquire about how many tents and adults per site. It may allow up to four adults and two tents, which means about $7 a head for tenters. Discuss this with the CG.

As we learned last year, bringing them a lot of business is balanced off by the amount of work we put them through in advance and during the event. Those staying at the CG will subsidize to some extent the people who will lodge elsewhere but use the CG facilities while attending events. As Maurice alluded to, I may sometimes drive too hard of a bargain.

As people reserve sites at the CG, they should specify they are coming for the PAFF Jamboree. This will let the CG know what our "contribution" has been and hopefully they will accomodate us proportionally. There is an issue of firewood and "day guests" that leaves room for further discussions regarding price.

Posted on: 2010/12/28 6:09

From Monessen, PA
I have a set of pictures I took on a scouting run mid-December and will try to get some up. I also obtained a CG map as well.

What I would recommend and may do myself is to rent a non-sewered camper site and see if they will let you put 4 adults on it. If one of your group has a canopy, you can make a little tent city. Maybe adjacent lots for a larger group that is cooperating. You would have fresh water in your city and an electrical service for coffeee makers, lights, etc. Even though the CG cannot guarantee exact placement and will not reserve a specific site, I am sure if you reserve side-by-side sites, they WILL honor that when filling the CG for the weekend.

Here is the bathhouse. If you could look through the building, you would be seeing the pavilion about 30 yards away:

Here is the view from the edge of the pavilion looking to the bathhouse:

From the same vantage point, but panning left, you see a large play-field, a number of trailer sites, the deluxe cabins and slightly wooded area beyond. I think the tent camping is beyond those cabins unless you work a deal on a water/electric site:

The CG Map below shows the camera angles of the various pics I posted and also highlights the pavilion, bath house and tenting area.

Unfortunately, I gave myself a tour when I visited and did not have the map and therefore did not scout the tenting area. If there are any locals who can go check it out and take a couple snapshots, it would be greatly appreciated.

Attach file:

jpg  CGMap_PicKey_1200.jpg (151.10 KB)
12_4d19d9f1872ea.jpg 1200X873 px

Posted on: 2010/12/28 7:10

From Chester County
Quote:

JackM wrote:
Cell phone reception present at the CG, I didn't ask about wi-fi.

Wi-Fi is available at the CG.

Posted on: 2010/12/28 7:44

From Enola, Pa.
I have been in the CG's once, not to stay, just to pick someone up. It looked like a nice CG's and should severs us well, I do know it change hand this year, and they did raise the prices of some things, from what I've heard.

Since it's close to Hemlock, I'll be staying at my place and come over for the events and finding out where everyone going to fish. Like other years I'll be going up early and staying a couple of days after. Only one problem, I won't be able to make the morning coffee, I will get you guys the pot to use, I will misss make the coffee, I always enjoyed that!

PaulG

Posted on: 2010/12/28 7:51

From Lehigh Valley
Quote:

JackM wrote:
Heritage-Angler...has offered his "guidance" to any Jam attendees who want to make the trip (less than an hour) up to the northern tier streams. I'll not steal his thunder or commit him to something, just saying that a day-trip north is very doable. I believe a small group shot up that way last year from our prior location.

This is a fact. I'll be up there the week before the Jam, and I'll be commuting to the Jam from Quiet Oaks. I should have a good idea of what the fishing conditions are like, and pass that info on to our crew Friday night. I'll also gladly act as guide for anyone that wants to check out the North Central area streams.

Everything depends on the hatches and water levels. It may be great fishing up North, and it just might stink. The important thing is that we have options. We get the best of both worlds, so to speak. Anyone that has any questions about the Northern tier can feel free to ask me anything, either here or via PM.

As far as a North Central Mini-Jam goes, we also have another option open. I'll be attending another gathering the week after the PAFF Jam. This event will be held on Pine Creek, and based in Waterville. We can easily piggy back a PAFF Mini-Jam on to that event for those that have interest - just let me know.

I'd like to thank the moderators for their work in setting up this event - you guys really did your homework. My sole concern was that we had a place to hold our Jamboree - I'd show up wherever it is. These events are all about the people here, IMHO. As the number of people that attend this event grows, it's important that the planning keeps pace, and it has.

Hoping the 2011 Jamboree is the best one yet!

H.A.

Posted on: 2010/12/28 8:35

From Enola, PA
We stayed at Seven Mountains a couple summers ago. Poe Valley was closed for renovation and we felt Hemlock was too tight and narrow to try to get our trailer into for 2 nights.

SM was ok, at the time it was a lot of seasonal trailers, not sure if that is the case now or not, it looks like they have made some improvements.

Posted on: 2010/12/28 12:08

uhh...nevermind

From Lehighton, PA
$25/night for tent site is doable (I paid $30 at the Beaverkill Campground.) It also says 10% discount for 2-3 tents. I assume the $25 rate is per site but if you book 2-3 sites, each gets a 10% discount of that $25 per site?

Posted on: 2010/12/28 13:39

From Monessen, PA
Ryan and others, just discuss these things with the CG when you book. Everyone should mention the PAFF Jamboree when they book to give the group as much good will as possible in case we need to "spend" it to make the weekend work well for the group.

Posted on: 2010/12/28 13:51

From Lehighton, PA
Will do (hopefully I can make this shindig.)

As far as a day trip to the Northcentral streams, I'm down. I'd like to try to put some time in on Young Woman's Creek or one of the Sinnemahoning branches if possible.

Posted on: 2010/12/28 15:26

From Eastern PA
Quote:

JackM wrote:
Here is the bathhouse. If you could look through the building, you would be seeing things that cannot be unseen.

Fixed 'da post.

Posted on: 2010/12/28 15:42

From Carlisle, Pa
I would also be up for a north Central trip I own a property in Cross Forks. I own Deb's old bar down along kettle and fish a lot of the other streams in the area I could help in showing people around im in Cross forks about every other weekend and can get info on all the local camp grounds just send me a PM if an one needs in information.

Justin

Posted on: 2010/12/28 16:42

From Carlisle, Pa
I should of stated we turned the old bar into a camp so its not the bar anymore Deb moved the bar in to the town of Cross Fork.

Posted on: 2010/12/28 16:45

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 ... 18 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Do you keep a fishing journal?
Yes 52% (85)
No 47% (78)
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll closed at 2014/8/22 12:38
1 Comment

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com