Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 ... 3 4 5 (6) 7 8 9 ... 18 »

Re: 2011 PAFF Annual Jamboree - May 20,21,22 - Seven Mountains CG

From Enola, Pa.
For these events to come off, it takes a good bit of work from a few, to step up and do the work. I for one appreciate the ones that do the work.

Thanks

PaulG

Posted on: 2011/1/1 6:43

From harlansburg
like I said before, you can't please everyone, so don't even try. I appreciate all the work that goes into these events as well. I'm sure the 2011 jam will be even better than last years!
from my experience, most of the people that complain about things are the same people that won't lift a finger to lend a hand.
I've no problem with the mods and others that did the foot work for this event having a nice place to stay. I'll be just as happy in my tent or the back of my truck.
thanks again for your work!

Posted on: 2011/1/1 9:47

From Lancaster County
Quote:

JackM wrote:
H-A says 50 minute drive between the two. He is planning to commute.

Quiet Oaks to Seven Mountains is more like 1 hour, 50 minutes, not just 50 minutes. There would be many, many closer places to stay to the Seven Mountains campground, than at Quiet Oaks.

Posted on: 2011/1/1 18:37

From Eastern PA
Quote:

salmonoid wrote:
Quote:

JackM wrote:

Quiet Oaks to Seven Mountains is more like 1 hour, 50 minutes, not just 50 minutes. There would be many, many closer places to stay to the Seven Mountains campground, than at Quiet Oaks.

Given that bit of information and the likely fact that the cabins are booked, could you advise of some other lodging nearby? Maybe we could car pool back and forth from alternate locations, having a designated driver to convey folks.

Posted on: 2011/1/1 18:51

From harlansburg
just pitch a tent and get drunk with the rest of us!

Posted on: 2011/1/1 19:02

From Harrisburg
Dear jdaddy,

What sort of accomodations are you seeking?

If you want to rent a cabin you may want to look here. They are about 25 - 35 minutes from Seven Mountain's CG.

http://countryvacationcottages.com/

I stayed there years ago when it was Musick's and the cabins were nice and well kept. They had decent beds, heat and a/c, cable tv, a small kitchen, as well as a full bath and the old woman who ran the place came in daily and cleaned up after my brother and myself. It was the best vacation I have ever taken.

I cannot speak for them today though but when traveling by recently they seemed to still be well kept and neat.

Regards,

Tim Murphy

Posted on: 2011/1/1 19:17
"Then the coal company came with the world's largest shovel, and they tortured the timber and stripped all the land. Well they dug for their coal till the land was forsaken, then they wrote it all down as the progress of man."

From Monessen, PA
Quote:

salmonoid wrote:
Quote:

JackM wrote:

You are right, I am glad you corrected that. Someone should tell H-A.

Posted on: 2011/1/1 19:34

From Lancaster County
Quote:

jdaddy wrote:
Quote:

salmonoid wrote:
Quote:

JackM wrote:

Given that bit of information and the likely fact that the cabins are booked, could you advise of some other lodging nearby? Maybe we could car pool back and forth from alternate locations, having a designated driver to convey folks.

Bald Eagle State Park has cabins, yurts, the Nature Inn, and camping. Penn Roosevelt Picnic Area/State Park has camping; registration is self-serve. There are numerous bed and breakfast type of locations (cottages, houses, etc.) in the area. State College and the exits off of I-80 have hotels. You can primitive camp in the state forest for a night without a permit or if you car camp, you'll need to check with the local forest ranger station and register for a permit. You'd be looking at Bald Eagle and Rothrock state forests in the local area.

Posted on: 2011/1/1 20:57

From Greensburg, PA
I will probably just tent it this year...A tent city sounds interesting and Mo won't have to beg for a place to stay on the last night and then complain because we all snore...if it rains...

I can always sleep in the van too...If all else fails...I'll be the drunk guy who passed out on the picnic table under the pavilion. In other words, DIBS!

Posted on: 2011/1/1 21:15

From Greensburg, PA
Quote:
Jack, I just want to know two things, who appointed you the ring leader, and when and where was the poll?

Attach file:

jpg  im_schizophrenic_and_so_am_i_.jpg (24.18 KB)
49_4d1fe9e16d75b.jpg 400X400 px

Posted on: 2011/1/1 21:58

From Lehigh Valley
Quote:

JackM wrote:
Quote:

salmonoid wrote:
Quote:

JackM wrote:

You are right, I am glad you corrected that. Someone should tell H-A.

When did I say it's 50 minutes from Quiet Oaks to Seven Mountains? I've never been to Seven Mountains, so I wouldn't know.

I drove from Renovo to Flyfisher's Paradise Fly Shop last year, and it took me 53 minutes. It took me another 2 hours to find a cooler, a case of beer, and drive down to Hemlock Acres. I believe we discussed how long it would take to get from Renovo down to the limestoners (ie Spring Creek), and that's probably where you got the 50 minutes from.

Posted on: 2011/1/2 0:12

From Enola, Pa.
Quote:

jdaddy wrote:
Quote:

salmonoid wrote:
Quote:

JackM wrote:

jdaddy

It looks like JF and I will be staying at our places at Hemlock, and traveling over to SM's for the events. I don't drink, so I could do the driving, your welcome if you decide on that.

PaulG

Posted on: 2011/1/2 6:28

From Monessen, PA
Sorry, Ed, I must have misunderstood. In any case, there are a lot of options if you don't want to stay at Seven Mountains. The Spring Jam works well because most Jammers are spending the night at the same location with a common meeting area. This enhances the social aspect of the Jamboree. That time of year, tent camping can be very pleasant. I tent camped the first year at the Jam. It rained hard that year. We had small tents, no equipment beyond the tent air mattress and sleeping bags. We did have a large tarp which we strung up over a horizontal line between two trees in the form of a "lean-to" and set the tent underneath. We were dry and had a place to step out of the tent to stay dry.

I camped with Albatross, Bruno and some of Bruno's family and friends in Pulaski in October. It was like 45 degrees in the day the whole time. Rain was intermittent, but the CG stayed wet but not really "soggy." Bruno and his gang knew how to camp and we had a canopy between 4-5 tents set over the picnic table. The ability to gain refuge from the rain under the canopy helped tremendously. My point? If you are young enough or can be comfortable in a tent on an air mattress or cot, get together with a couple other campers and share a campsite. Have enough equipment among you to cooperate and make the best of a rainy weekend. In the unlikely event that we see absolutely no rain, you will enjoy the experience of being right at the Jamboree location and probably forge some lasting friendships.

Then again, if you want a roof, a bathroom of your own, towels, or whatever amentities you seek, you can explore local cabin rentals at the following link:

Cabins Search On Google Maps For Vicinity

For those to whom money is no object, here is your nearest motel (6 miles along 322 East):

Attach file:

jpg  bestwestermilroy.jpg (219.46 KB)
12_4d2073b98b362.jpg 618X852 px

Posted on: 2011/1/2 7:47

From Chester County
Anyone is welcome to try to find a campground that centrally located for the group, offers good trout fishing with multiple and varied fishing options, is large enough and is willing to take on a large group, has multiple cabins on site as well as tent sites, has a pavilion that can be rented by for the group, has adequate showers and bathrooms, is clean and well maintained, is priced low enough for most members to afford, is not pre-booked for the third week of May.

Here is the map I used to find Seven Mountains.

PA Campground Map

I clicked on the link of each site to check it out. Some CGs have no link so you can call each one and ask about all the above points.

I suggest you start now for next year's Jam, put it up for a vote and get all members to agree on the perfect date and place. But before you put it up for a vote, maybe Jack will be kind enough to drive out there to check that CG is as advertised and adequate for the group. Good luck.

Posted on: 2011/1/2 8:01

From Delaware Co.
Quote:

afishinado wrote:
Anyone is welcome to try to find a campground that centrally located for the group, offers good trout fishing with multiple and varied fishing options, is large enough and is willing to take on a large group, has multiple cabins on site as well as tent sites, has a pavilion that can be rented by for the group, has adequate showers and bathrooms, is clean and well maintained, is priced low enough for most members to afford, is not pre-booked for the third week of May.

Here is the map I used to find Seven Mountains.

PA Campground Map

I clicked on the link of each site to check it out. Some CGs have no link so you can call each one and ask about all the above points.

I suggest you start now for next year's Jam, put it up for a vote and get all members to agree on the perfect date and place. But before you put it up for a vote, maybe Jack will be kind enough to drive out there to check that CG is as advertised and adequate for the group. Good luck.

Sounds easy enough to me .

Posted on: 2011/1/2 8:26

« 1 ... 3 4 5 (6) 7 8 9 ... 18 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Will you be fly fishing this autumn?
Yes 95% (139)
No 0% (0)
Thinking about it 4% (6)
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll closed at 2014/10/31 17:56
1 Comment

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com