Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS


Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users



« 1 ... 14 15 16 (17) 18 »


Re: 2011 PAFF Annual Jamboree - May 20,21,22 - Seven Mountains CG

Joined:
2010/8/9 16:23
Posts: 3364
Offline
I think we should have a contest. A blind-folded tying contest. Maybe jammies can bring some new/lightly-used gear to be given away as prizes. Could be fun and definitely entertaining.

Posted on: 2011/1/19 11:26


Re: 2011 PAFF Annual Jamboree - May 20,21,22 - Seven Mountains CG

Joined:
2007/1/2 11:55
From Bozeman
Posts: 19932
Offline
Quote:

wsender wrote:
I think we should have a contest. A blind-folded tying contest. Maybe jammies can bring some new/lightly-used gear to be given away as prizes. Could be fun and definitely entertaining.


My experience with organized events like this is that I have little interest in them when the time comes. The amount of people to meet is overwhelming, and the fishing usually goes pretty late. Getting people together for an event is like herding cats.

But go ahead and organize it. It sounds like fun.

I usually bring old gear to swap.

Posted on: 2011/1/19 12:06


Re: 2011 PAFF Annual Jamboree - May 20,21,22 - Seven Mountains CG
Moderator
Joined:
2006/9/9 9:29
From Monessen, PA
Posts: 22280
Offline
I would like to see two accomplished fly tyers go at it head-to-head in a race to tie, for instance, royal coachmen. One of them must use a Matarelli whip finisher for all tie offs and the other must whip finish or tie off by hand only. Spectators can bet quarters against one another on who wins the race and then the finished flies can be auctioned off with proceeds to the pavilion fund.

Blindfolded races would be fun as well, but the fly might need to be simplified or we'll be there all night waiting for a fly to bid on.

Jumping through the campfire is also a fun game. We can take bets on who's pants will catch on fire first. Proceeds go to buy the winner a new pair of pants.

Blindfolded jumping through the fire is an optional variation.

Posted on: 2011/1/20 6:55
_________________
Peace, Tony


Re: 2011 PAFF Annual Jamboree - May 20,21,22 - Seven Mountains CG

Joined:
2006/9/10 7:44
From Enola, Pa.
Posts: 2312
Offline
We've tried having used gear swaps and other events, with people fishing late and getting back at diffrent times, it's hard to set events up a head of time.

PaulG

Posted on: 2011/1/20 7:34


Re: 2011 PAFF Annual Jamboree - May 20,21,22 - Seven Mountains CG

Joined:
2010/8/9 16:23
Posts: 3364
Offline
Quote:

JackM wrote:
I would like to see two accomplished fly tyers go at it head-to-head in a race to tie, for instance, royal coachmen. One of them must use a Matarelli whip finisher for all tie offs and the other must whip finish or tie off by hand only. Spectators can bet quarters against one another on who wins the race and then the finished flies can be auctioned off with proceeds to the pavilion fund.

Blindfolded races would be fun as well, but the fly might need to be simplified or we'll be there all night waiting for a fly to bid on.

Jumping through the campfire is also a fun game. We can take bets on who's pants will catch on fire first. Proceeds go to buy the winner a new pair of pants.

Blindfolded jumping through the fire is an optional variation.


I was thinking a Green Weenie blind fold tying contest. Each contestant starts with a bead on a hook mounted in the vise.

Posted on: 2011/1/21 9:52


Re: 2011 PAFF Annual Jamboree - May 20,21,22 - Seven Mountains CG
Moderator
Joined:
2006/9/9 9:29
From Monessen, PA
Posts: 22280
Offline
Ready, set, go, OUCH!

Posted on: 2011/1/21 9:55
_________________
Peace, Tony


Re: 2011 PAFF Annual Jamboree - May 20,21,22 - Seven Mountains CG

Joined:
2009/10/15 13:45
From Eastern PA
Posts: 10290
Offline
Quote:

JackM wrote:
I would like to see two accomplished fly tyers go at it head-to-head in a race to tie, for instance, royal coachmen. One of them must use a Matarelli whip finisher for all tie offs and the other must whip finish or tie off by hand only. Spectators can bet quarters against one another on who wins the race and then the finished flies can be auctioned off with proceeds to the pavilion fund.

Blindfolded races would be fun as well, but the fly might need to be simplified or we'll be there all night waiting for a fly to bid on.

Jumping through the campfire is also a fun game. We can take bets on who's pants will catch on fire first. Proceeds go to buy the winner a new pair of pants.

Blindfolded jumping through the fire is an optional variation.


Oh my! Gotta bring bankroll for prop bets! Nothing like paying people to do dumb things and calling it a bet!

Seriously, is there a need for fundraising for expenses? I could donate a fly tying station for auction.

Posted on: 2011/1/21 13:19


Re: 2011 PAFF Annual Jamboree - May 20,21,22 - Seven Mountains CG

Joined:
2007/4/8 20:43
From SEPA
Posts: 11341
Offline
Quote:

jdaddy wrote:
Seriously, is there a need for fundraising for expenses? I could donate a fly tying station for auction.


I'll donate a date with me, winrar must cover all expenses and remember I'm not that kind of guy.

Posted on: 2011/1/21 13:32
_________________
April 8, 2007 - December 4, 2011.
And why not?


Re: 2011 PAFF Annual Jamboree - May 20,21,22 - Seven Mountains CG

Joined:
2007/3/13 16:49
From Washington, PA
Posts: 450
Offline
Just an update...I just booked my tent site...she told me there are about 6 left for the Jam...

This may cause a divorce or change in career but it seems like the place to be on this weekend.

Boss

Posted on: 2011/1/25 12:38
_________________
"Do or Do Not...There is no try"-YODA


Re: 2011 PAFF Annual Jamboree - May 20,21,22 - Seven Mountains CG
Moderator
Joined:
2006/9/9 9:29
From Monessen, PA
Posts: 22280
Offline
If tent sites dry up, you should inquire with the CG about renting a trailer site. More expensive, but electricity and running water would be available and you may be able to set up two tents. Once again, discuss your intentions with the CG.

Posted on: 2011/1/25 12:49
_________________
Peace, Tony


Re: 2011 PAFF Annual Jamboree - May 20,21,22 - Seven Mountains CG

Joined:
2009/10/15 13:45
From Eastern PA
Posts: 10290
Offline
I left a message for the CG, as well as emailing them today. I posed the following questions and will post the responses as soon as I get them:

1) How many cabins are still available?

2) How many tent sites are still available?

3) If tent sites are at capacity and/or someone simply wants to tent on an improved RV site, what is the occupancy per site given the base rate?

I checked in to area hotels. After a lot of review, comparison, etc the Best Western in Milroy that Jack previously listed is by far the best way to go. Buying the prepaid rate is the way to go.

Posted on: 2011/1/31 12:03


Re: 2011 PAFF Annual Jamboree - May 20,21,22 - Seven Mountains CG

Joined:
2009/10/15 13:45
From Eastern PA
Posts: 10290
Offline
Ton of tent sites still available.

Cabins WILL be done. There are 4 still avail.

There are RV's and trailers open and they are same price as the primitive cabins. Heat/air/running water/toilet and shower for same price as a cabin. Grab 'em up imo.

Posted on: 2011/2/4 13:21


Re: 2011 PAFF Annual Jamboree - May 20,21,22 - Seven Mountains CG

Joined:
2007/4/8 20:43
From SEPA
Posts: 11341
Offline
Quote:

jdaddy wrote:
Cabins WILL be done. There are 4 still avail.

There are RV's and trailers open and they are same price as the primitive cabins. Heat/air/running water/toilet and shower for same price as a cabin. Grab 'em up imo.


What did we get? Her life is in your hands, Dude. I don't want the plane to crash into the mountain.

Her life is in your hands, Dude. He was very sure of that, he wanted me to say that. Her life is in your hands.

Resized Image

Posted on: 2011/2/4 13:32
_________________
April 8, 2007 - December 4, 2011.
And why not?


Re: 2011 PAFF Annual Jamboree - May 20,21,22 - Seven Mountains CG

Joined:
2010/8/9 16:23
Posts: 3364
Offline
Strong men also cry... strong men also cry

Posted on: 2011/2/4 15:15


Re: 2011 PAFF Annual Jamboree - May 20,21,22 - Seven Mountains CG

Joined:
2010/8/9 16:23
Posts: 3364
Offline
Now that we're getting close to the jam, is there any anticipation of what I should be tying for the jam?

Posted on: 2011/3/15 19:21



« 1 ... 14 15 16 (17) 18 »



You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]





Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me



Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Do you keep a fishing journal?
Yes 52% (85)
No 47% (78)
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll closed at 2014/8/22 12:38
2 Comments





Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com