Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: 2007 PAFF FLY SWAP/ Call for participants

From Room 109
Tom you are in. Sorry I left you off the list before. I am keeping an excel sheet with everyones info. I will post the info on the 21st.

Posted on: 2006/12/19 23:28

From Room 109
Wmas:

Please join, Your in if ya want. Tie what ever you wish. Quote:

Wmass wrote:
I am definitely interested but I have to be honest, my skills are not superb. I consider myself an intermediate tyer and I can tie some patterns very well, others not so well. I would like to participate if I knew more about what flies I would be tying,ect.

My skills are not that great. However, I do catch fish on the ones I tie and that is all that really counts. If we were looking for perfect flies I think we would be going to the fly shop. I've seen the products of several of the participants benches and I think that you calling yourself an intermediate puts you right in the middle of things. ( No offense Guys ) Heck, I watched JackM tie a fly in the front seat of my car while we were cruising down the intersate at 75mph. It was ugly , real ugly. New rule: no tying in a moving car Jack !!!!!!!!

Heck we are all doing this for fun. I still am trying to pick the pattern I am going to tie. I'll take a green weenie if thats what you want to tie. If two tyers want to tie the same fly that's fine. We can all tell the two guys who's fly catches more fish, or trees in my case. Nymphs / Drys / something for the salt what ever. I got room in my box for sure. Once we get all of the tyers I will distribute an excel with the tyers PAFF user name and the fly they are going to tie. I will update this list as people pick their fly. Maybe this will help some of us in picking the fly we are going to tie.

Matt "Bruno" Byrne

Posted on: 2006/12/19 23:55

From Room 109
Jack is tying these

Attach file:

jpg  butt.jpg (0.00 KB)

jpg  butt.jpg (0.00 KB)

Posted on: 2006/12/20 0:10

From Monessen, PA
Matt, those flies are definitely not from my bench. If you'll consult the prior years' swap flies, you will see that I always mash my barbs.

Posted on: 2006/12/20 6:02

BRUNO Count me in. I can tie some great indicators, also fairly good at elk hair caddis, caddis pupa.

Posted on: 2006/12/20 13:23

« 1 (2)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Will you be fly fishing this autumn?
Yes
No
Thinking about it
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll will close at 2014/10/31 17:56
1 Comment

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com