hatch chart for saucon creek

daman1277

daman1277

anyone have a hatch chart for saucon creek?

daman1277 wrote:
anyone have a hatch chart for saucon creek?

There's a pretty dependable Trico hatch every morning and maybe some baetis (BWO) hatching on cloudy days. You may run into a few caddis here and there also. Terrestrials like beetles and ants usually catch fish.

Underneath, smaller stuff like hares ears and pheasant tails nymphs may work along with scud imitations, zebra nymphs and Al's rats. If the stream is up and cloudy, you can try a bugger or streamer.

Hatch chart below?....good luck!

Attachments

• Saucon Creek Hatch Chart.jpg
    Saucon Creek Hatch Chart.jpg
    139.7 KB · Views: 205
There's a pretty dependable Trico hatch every morning and maybe some baetis (BWO) hatching on cloudy days. You may run into a few caddis here and there also. Terrestrials like beetles and ants usually catch fish.

^^ Precisely what I saw there on Thursday, although no risers at all. Disappointing. Caught some on ants.

The Saucon has gone downhill over the last few years. Opinions as to why are all over the place but my last few trips, the only place I saw fish rising was in the park area and they are so fished over that they are more than a little picky. Parking restrictions are everywhere up there too. I'll definitely go back because I love this stream but as the previous poster said, "very disappointing" as to what it once was.

Foxgap239 wrote:
The Saucon has gone downhill over the last few years. Opinions as to why are all over the place but my last few trips, the only place I saw fish rising was in the park area and they are so fished over that they are more than a little picky. Parking restrictions are everywhere up there too. I'll definitely go back because I love this stream but as the previous poster said, "very disappointing" as to what it once was.

I didn't realized foxes hibernated for so long!!

Welcome back, George.

I fish Saucon year round. DHALO, I think the best approach is tight line nymphing.
I had some promise with drys about 2 weeks ago, with a # 18 BWO but you only get 1 shot at any risers.
after that move on to the next section

Back