Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

They're Back! Lanternflies

Saw the first, small, black with white dots, nymphs today. At first from a few feet away I was thinking that there was a jumping spider on my wife's shirt. Then I thought it was a wood tick. When I moved closer I saw the white dots and posture of a lanternfly nymph. I had not seen any that small last year. I then easily found them on a grape arbor, Fig trees, and milkweed once I had the search image. Something was obviously damaging the grape leaves, creating many small, brown spots, which then led me to search the arbor for a sucking insect.

Posted on: 6/1 15:57

Re: They're Back! Lanternflies

From Delaware Co.
Quote:

Mike wrote:
Saw the first, small, black with white dots, nymphs today. At first from a few feet away I was thinking that there was a jumping spider on my wife's shirt. Then I thought it was a wood tick. When I moved closer I saw the white dots and posture of a lanternfly nymph. I had not seen any that small last year. I then easily found them on a grape arbor, Fig trees, and milkweed once I had the search image. Something was obviously damaging the grape leaves, creating many small, brown spots, which then led me to search the arbor for a sucking insect.

I just bought one of these bug a salt 3.0 for such an occasion should be in the mail any day now .

https://www.bugasalt.com/products/bug- ... 2-awc0EAAYASAAEgL8ffD_BwE

Posted on: 6/3 10:54

From Lancaster
Quote:

Mike wrote:

I saw my first SLF nymph of the season today as well.

Posted on: 6/5 20:07

From Glenmoore
Confirmed sighting in Glenmoore. Here they come...

Posted on: 6/6 8:07

From Chester County
Interesting article about a possible end or way to control SLFs

https://www.popsci.com/fungi-invasive- ... ted-lantern-fly-pesticide

Posted on: 6/6 9:56

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Sponsors
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook
USGS Water Levels <Click Map>

Copyright 2019 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com