Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 3 (4)

Re: The Cicadas ar Coming

From Pretty much everywhere at some point, Thorndale today.
Alby,

4 guys, 3 days. 27 trout.

Each guy averaged 2.25 trout per day. I don't consider that to be ridiculous. While I don't know the Yough very well, my first impression was actually that they did pretty poorly! But still looked like a good time (a bad day fishing....).

Though, to be fair, it doesn't look like all 3 days were in prime trout water, so while in trout water they musta done better than that. Then the carp were on top of that.

Posted on: 2016/8/17 8:51

From Lancaster Pa
Three fisherman. One camera man. All the footage was shot in two and a half days. A day trout fishing and a day and a half further downstream for carp. Two of the guys spent two days fishing before filming wich helped them find the fish. Your calculations are a little off pcray, there was only ever one man fishing at a time. Two boats means two guys on the sticks, one guy holding a camera leaving one to do the fishing. Good numbers in my book

Posted on: 2016/8/17 14:47

From Pretty much everywhere at some point, Thorndale today.
One man fishing at a time may hurt the total, but doesn't change the averages. That's one of the disadvantages of fishing from drift boats (in pure fishing terms). They could have chosen to have several fishing from shore. Of course that carries it's own disadvantages. So it goes, that's fishing. There are trade offs and you make choices and they affect the averages.

Point taken though about spending only 1 day trout fishing. So 27 trout for 4 guys in 1 day. A little over 8 each. That is a nice day though hardly unbelievable enough to make me think it's a tall tale.

Very good video though, I enjoyed it. Thanks.

Posted on: 2016/8/17 19:17

« 1 2 3 (4)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Sponsors
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

USGS Water Levels
Polls
Angling Trade E-Survey: How Many Outdoor Print Magazines Do You Subscribe To?
None. Nada. Zip.
One or two.
Three or four.
More than four.
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll will close at 2017/10/27 11:42
Comments?

Copyright 2017 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com