z-pey

stevehalupka

stevehalupka

anyone here ever cast with this spey/switch handle??

Yes. With Henrik giving me some pointers, I was rolling out some serious line I never thought possible with a 10ft. 5wt.
Steve at LEUA may have a few hidden away in the back.

i have seen these in videos an think they are pretty cool,unfortunately i have no clue where you can test one out here in Pa,After Christmas i would be interested in gettin another Trout Spey.I like the idea of how the handle correlates to hand placement an use during the cast.
Dano whho or what are you talking about?i do not understand.
Tight Wraps & Tight Lines
' Rick Wallace
LEAU?

i wouldn't buy one...

If you are strictly fishing single speys with a scandi line... ok
But the wraps and pokes with skagit casting... not going to work

The rod I was fishing was a trout weight rod on a very large trout stream. And yes, it is slightly limited in the types of casts and heads you can use. Switch rods all have their limits.
There are more versatile tools for the larger, deep running water with heavy flies and tips. But, as far as "switch" rods go, the Zpey is not too shabby. IMO.

LEUA = Lake Erie Ultimate Angler.
He carried these rods at one time.

i understand your point... any rod will have limitations with what line it can handle and its application on different types water.

i'm saying that the handle design (both full 2hander and switch) is for 1 specfic application .... a scandi/bottomhand cast off your upstream shoulder river left

cackhanded cast, wraps, and pokes are not going to be fun/easy with that handle

Call Steve at 814-833-4040 or I will look this weekend when I go there to do some work. Almost positive he still had some left along with a bunch of Zpey lines.

thanks dudes... could have posted this at fisherie i guess lol

Back