you use them?

• Thread starter salvelinusfontinalis
  • Start date
salvelinusfontinalis

salvelinusfontinalis

i fish with polorazied sunglasses, or to say i sight fish with them. they are a great asset to have for locating fish. my problem is i often pull up to quick because i can see the fish taking the fly. i find my hook up percentage is alot higher when i cant see the fish. so i find them then take off the glasses to fish. anyone else have this problem?

I can't fish without a pair of polarized glasses on.....it drives me mad when I forget them at home......they are a nice security blanket.......helps with the wading more than anything....it is really nice to be able to read the terrain or stream bottom as it might be.......can't say I share your problem.........I am not much of a dry fly guy.........but when I am throwing dries, they are usually really small stuff..........I generally use the bass fishing topwater fishing scenario........wait until you feel the fish on before you set the hook.......if you lift as you watch........you will more than likely be a split second early........you get that...I CAN'T wait any longer feeling.........but you just have to be patient and wait.....you never know, your riser might just be a tad bit off with his take and he might just miss the fly totally...........if that is the case and you can clearly see the fish........it would be easy to rip the fly away from the fish.......and most likely spook him........it is best to wait.........what a rant...........

Dear sal,

I always wear polarized glasses when fishing even when it is overcast like today. I need them to see where I am going when wading, without them I am reduced to stumbling along. When I miss a fish it's because I screwed up. I don't think the glasses have anything to do with that in my case.

Regards,
Tim Murphy :)

I see your point about missed strikes but I think the advantages that polarized glasses offer are tremendous. I never fish without 'em. I spent most of today chasing muskies on the Juniata River (no luck) and even though a dark, wet, day - my amber glasses allowed me to see into the water and watch for follows. I do a lot of sight fishing to trout and smallmouths and would have far less success without the shades.

Back