Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 (3)

Re: wet fly 2 dropper leader----- fish 3 flies

many different set ups will work its always nice to read different ways of doing it here , i have to admit i am guilty of not wanting to try different set ups because u hate to change if ur catching fish your way , but i am working on my stubborness guys

Posted on: 2010/1/5 16:36

From picture rocks pa 17762
troutslammer, love ya man, it's good that men of the art of fishing can meet, fishing binds like glue on paper. never really met a bad fishermen. maybe he was starting out, unable to cast, didn't have the right fly, in the wrong spot. i've always managed to give up my spot, give up my flies and give up all the leaders he can hold in two hands. for me, watching the less avid catch a fish, is truely a gift from god. i go very simple, i had a lot of those 25 pocket vests, the best you could get. only problem, i couldn"t find what the hell i was looking for. over and over, with a unlit cigarette in my mouth, wondering where is the 10 packs of matches and the 2 lighters.

may your fly stay out of your ear. maxima

Posted on: 2010/1/5 17:15

Quote:

i have to admit i am guilty of not wanting to try different set ups because u hate to change if ur catching fish your way , but i am working on my stubborness guys

I find that the longer I fish, the more I want change exactly when I'm catching fish. It's like "OK. That works, the fish are taking. I wonder what else works?" It took me a long time to get to that point. I'm not sure if it's a sign of maturity or if I'm getting ADD in my old age.

Posted on: 2010/1/5 23:20

From Chester County
Quote:

maxima12 wrote:
would like to clarify nymphing. these leaders can be used to fish 3 nymphs, or a combination nymph, wets. a nice weighted stone on point and wets on drops. not intended to offend the true nymphers with their set ups. light tippet highly recommended to reduce drag. maybe i should have not stated perfect for nymphing. thanks guys. very nice to read your responses. maxima.

I often use the same set-up as Maxie. A weighted fly on the point (a SF is a great choice) and some wets, maybe a winged wet in the middle and a soft hackle on the upper. This is a great rig for searching the entire water column bottom to tip. Fish it quartering upstream drag-free, allow it to swing across and try short strips or hand twist retrieve when downstream. Cast and repeat, you are covering all levels with several different types of flies, and using several different types of presentations, all on one cast. You're bound to find where, how and what the fish are taking. Good luck.

Posted on: 2010/1/6 7:25

« 1 2 (3)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Do you keep a fishing journal?
Yes 52% (85)
No 47% (78)
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll closed at 2014/8/22 12:38
1 Comment

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com