spruce creek tackle shop. allen. hope you meet this dude

M

maxima12

contact this jewel. he has what you only wish. he is the royal genie. maybe you boys want a 20 incher. i bet he can do better than that. see if i got a number. 814-632-3071
p o 36 rt 45 spruce creek pa 16683.

i hope he is well. he is in the golden triangle of pa flyfishing.

i gave the vice president of the u.s.a. a package of his leaders. hope he will fish there.

maxima

The other day i was driving up Bob's creek in the Pavia area , it was on the radio earlier that it was Elvis' birthday , would have been 70 something , anyhow i swear i saw him and Cheney , i think they were deer hunting with flintlock. They were in a red , convertible Hummer with government plates.

Was Allen wearing a goalie mask? .... You know, just in case. :cool:

Is that the shop right there at the bridge. I bought some stuff there, including a brown colored knotted leader which I had to buy. I saved the leader for stained water. I don't see too many brown knotted leaders so I had to pick one up. It was back in May I was there, and the guy suggested some sulfers, next time I go up I'll have to make it a weekend trip. Lots of bugs coming off and I missed some takes. Didn't get a lot of time on the water though.

JakesLeakyWaders wrote:
Is that the shop right there at the bridge. I bought some stuff there, including a brown colored knotted leader which I had to buy. I saved the leader for stained water. I don't see too many brown knotted leaders so I had to pick one up. It was back in May I was there, and the guy suggested some sulfers, next time I go up I'll have to make it a weekend trip. Lots of bugs coming off and I missed some takes. Didn't get a lot of time on the water though.

That's a leader tied with maxima. 90% of my hand tied leaders are made with it. As long as the tippet is clear, the fish don't mind it. You will find the same thing at FFP, and I believe maxima himself sells them that way.

I've only found the clear and green color Maxima for leaders. My knots are too big. So I usual go with the tapered stuff unless I find some good knotted ones at a local shop.

I almost always use a clear compound tippet. That said, for brook trout streams, depending on the stream, I sometimes use one of Humphreys tight brush 6-7 ft leader formulas in all Chameleon--it's nice to be able to get your fly back from the trees and Chameleon lets you do that more than most tippet of the same size.

Back