nymphs

M

MJL1983

Why is Als Rat the only fly that kills at the Little L ! Haha. Maybe its just me. Any one have any nymphs that are a killer down there for them? I would really like to get some confidence in some other flies being new to fly fishing and even newer to tying. Thanks

Green weenie?

Betcha that'll get some stares from the old timers along the C&R section....

San Juan worms are good there.

gfen wrote:
Green weenie?

Betcha that'll get some stares from the old timers along the C&R section....

Don't bet too much! The second most productive fly that the LLFS sells is the honeybug inchworm (basically, it's a version of the green weenie).

2006_0309Image0009.jpg

I like to use this alot;

PM sent

Clouser's and deceivers

During the cold months of the year when few folks dare to stand with a fly rod in their hands, I drag my own tied San Juan worms drug behind a big fluffy dry as an indicator and do well by the hatchery. I'll work a red, then move to a pink and back again, sometimes using one with a bead head sometimes not. That section of water gets too crowded for my liking once it warms up, so I don't get there this time of the year to tell if that same setup does well now.

Clousers and Deceivers aren't nymphs they are streamers like the beauts ernie tied.

I actually was expermenting with some flies i tied and i found another killer. Black copper wire size 16 emerger pecock ice dubing and black bead. caught about 20 fish from the red coverd bridge up to the hatchery including a 17 inch brownie nicest fish i have caught there so far.

Jakes Heavy Worm, if it works on YB it should work there.

Don't forget to tie in the lead wraps that's the important part.

Back