nice little brookie box

• Thread starter salvelinusfontinalis
  • Start date
salvelinusfontinalis

salvelinusfontinalis

my buddy got one of these and though i still feel they are a little two expensive...i dont carry many flies with me when fishing brook trout. you really dont need many! and i thought this was a nice box because it would hold everything you need withou much weight. that is important when hiking on high gradient streams with boulders and brush.
http://s157.photobucket.com/albums/t76/salvelinusfontinalis/stupid%20pics%20for%20stupid%20links/?action=view&current=hangingFlybox.jpg

heres the link to the flybox. what do you guys think? im still on the fence for this one.
http://www.flytedeck.com/

I looked at them and did not get one (yet). I really can’t talk myself into one, because I already have 3 chest boxes. I have an older Richardson (normal layout); a new Richardson with the removable pads both three trays and a Downstream (with 8 extra boxes in different configurations). I normally take the Downstream with 2 boxes for brookies. One box with flies and the other box I put extra leaders and tippet.

Sal,
I have one of those I bought at a flyshow a couple of years ago. It's a super box for small stream fishing!
Coughlin

dang! now ya see i was hopin to hear they suck! i have troble justifying spending the money after a bought 3 CF design boxes. but i thought that looked like an awesome small brookie stream box. now i might have to get it.
thanks for the imput guys! :-D

Doesnt look like tis worth the money. You could hold that much stuff in your wader pocket.

salvelinusfontinalis wrote:
dang! now ya see i was hopin to hear they suck! i have troble justifying spending the money after a bought 3 CF design boxes. but i thought that looked like an awesome small brookie stream box. now i might have to get it.
thanks for the imput guys! :-D

Call the company and see if you can buy just the harness. The fly box is just held in place with velcro. So you could slap some on your 3CF box and use that with the fancy chest harness.

I think they are a little over the top for what you are getting. A good fishing shirt will hold your 3CF box, a small camera and have plenty of tabs and rings to hang your floatant and tippet etc on. The only thing the harness has that a fish shirt wouldn't is a place to hang your fly rod, which is a feature I wouldn't use anyway.

see thats what i thought, a little too expensive, for what it is. good idea about getting just the harness though. im gonna look into that! thanks pad!

Back