new line

rhbuilds

rhbuilds

i was looking to get new floating line for my bass rod. what brands are good. my trout rod has orvis, lowest price one. it seems ok, i have nothing to compare to. im sure i want a good line to throw bugs far.

I've always had good luck with cortland products. scientific anglers has some nice lines as well.
any name brand line will be good for you unless you are really picky about certain tapers.
regardless of brand, be sure to take care of it, clean it regularly, and use some type of line conditioner on it and it will last a long time.

You looking for an 8wt by chance? I have Orvis Big Bug line designed for turning over big bugs associated with warm water bass fishing that I am getting rid of since I got rid of my 8wt.

$5?!

well props to fellow site troll sender who grabbed the line.

The Orvis Big Bug line is great for turning over big bugs. Good for warm water too. On sale for $40 at Orvis, which just really asploded my price! Why they put that on sale!?!!?

Didja get it for $5?

I know the Rio Clouser line is realy good not sure about the orvis line with that price tag though it sure is tempting .

I've have used a lot Orvis lines in my time and have never had a problem with them. The flyshop I go to, doesn't sell Orvis, so the last couple of lines I've gotten have been, Rio's, I've been pleased with them.

PaulG

FWIW, I use Rio Gold on my 6wt and really love it.

get an Allen FF line - site sponsor and decent line. if you don't like it, you're not out a bunch of cash.

I have always been partial to Rio lines. I just got a sharkskin, so maybe that will be my new favorite.

Back