looking for a new 6-weight

sniperfreak223

sniperfreak223

I'm looking to add another 6-weight to the quiver, as a lighter-duty, small stream smallmouth rod, primarily, and I'm looking for some recommendations. What I'm looking for specifically:

-8'- 9' in length (I have a 9'6" for bigger waters)

-Fast action preferred

-Fighting butt

-well-respected brand name

-preferably in the $275 and less price range

I am looking for the same thing. I am currently looking at a Cabela's LSI 906-4FB. They are on sale for like $110. You might be able to get a closeout Scott S4 for a little over your budget too.

check out the Shadow rods, I have the Warrior in 7 wt love it

Redington predator it is fast action, comes with lifetime warranty, has a fighting butt, and its $250. I've been looking to pick one up myself.

^yeah, right now the TFO Bob Clouser 6-weight and the Redington Predator 6-weight are at the top of my list...just having a hard time choosing.

pro4mance wrote:
check out the Shadow rods, I have the Warrior in 7 wt love it

Second that. Only a matter of time before people realize the value in these rods. Very pleased with my 7wt as well. Lighter than my two 6wts strong as an ox.

The TFO BVK would fit your demants well also. I have the 5 wt and use it out west. It handled 20+ in trout on double nymph/indicator rigs with ease.

ADD THIS TO THE MIX..

Greys GRXi+ Fly Rod - 4 Piece

.jst got their 3wt..
.good reviews frm Yellow Stone Angler 5wt shootout

http://www.yellowstoneangler.com/gear-review/2013-5-weight-shootout-g-loomis-nrx-lp-loop-optistream-hardy-zenith-hardy-artisan-tom-morgan-sage-circa-orvis-helios-2-greys-xf2

The redington predator is a board. Silly fast and you'll need to overline it (like tfo axiom). I've been looking for 6 wt in those models for a 7 wt sink tip and meat chucking from a boat. The tfo tcir may be a tad slower. There's also the redington link on closeout. I haven't cast it but it replaced the cpx and was to be more user friendly due to a slightly softer tip than the cpx.

You can pick up a link and a line for $225-$250.

Might give a thought to the Redington Classic Trout. I just picked one up (on sale at Cabelas for $75) as an experiment with a medium action rod. Gets good reviews. Wish I knew from direct experience but it is not an expensive gamble.

Back