Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 3 (4)

Re: lets talk about Sunglasses

From Lehigh Valley
Suncloud Optics in my opinion are very good. For $50 bucks there hard to beat as far as lens an d quality goes.

Posted on: 2008/7/6 6:05

I have Sunclouds and don't like them any better than the cheap pair of Gander Mountain specials that I had and lost. The optics are OK but they hurt my face and steam up allot. My husband worked in the ski business and I once owned a pair of Bolle's for penny's on the dollar and I wish I still had them. They are great glasses. (I am not kind to sunglasses)

My son has Smith Opticals and while the optics are better they hurt his face with pressure points. A friend lent him a pair of Oakleys for last years comps and he hasn't found better optics since. I finally broke down and bought him an early Birthday gift and ordered him a pair of his own. They were a bit more than the Smith Optics but check out the website. You get what you pay for. If you take as good of care of a pair of sunglasses as you would your Grand Pappy's inherited bamboo rod, spend the extra $$. If you trash your like me the $9.99 Gander specials work fine and you don't have to have a funeral if they should demise.

http://oakley.com/

Posted on: 2008/7/6 15:10

From Bozeman
I'm sure I recommended Oakley earlier in this thread, but I don't feel like going back through to see. Wetnet's post is going to get me talking about it again.

Oakley, hands down, is the best pair of sunglasses I've ever owned. I forget I'm wearing them half the time, and I've had them for over five years... still look like new.

I paid almost $200 for them, but it's been worth every penny.

The price has gone down, but if you get a pair of these and don't like them, I'll give you 85% of what you paid for them. That's how much I like them.

http://mtgears.stores.yahoo.net/oaxx5fmjfiir.html

Of course, you should get the polarized lenses for an extra $50.

Posted on: 2008/7/6 15:15

From Lehigh Valley
Wetnet, I like the Sunclouds because I have a wide face and they have a king model which fits me perfect. I can't tell you how hard it is sometimes for me to find a pair of glasses that are comfortable. I also found the polarized rose colored lens to be good in the sun and in overcast. O'yea, I do agree about them having a tendency to steam up but for me I can deal with that as long as they fit. Take care.

Posted on: 2008/7/6 15:47

That is probably why they don't work for me with a smaller face and a princess and the pea sensitivity. I have trouble with any glasses causing pressure points just above my ears and My Sun Clouds are a bit heavy. I don't hate them, they are good glasses but if you can afford to splurge. I'd go with Oakleys for premium optics and comfort. I so want a pair, but I know I'd leave them on a river bank somewhere. Or sit on them ..or scratch them.

Posted on: 2008/7/6 16:10

PS.

Nice Dog!

Posted on: 2008/7/6 16:11

From Bozeman
Wetnet,

I've sat on mine two or three times. I've also dropped them a handful of times. There is no visible damage. The damn things are durable.

Posted on: 2008/7/6 23:01

From Lehigh Valley
Thanks, she's my pride and joy. Weimaraners are great but can get a little crazy Take care

Posted on: 2008/7/7 10:46

I have 2 female field goldens not the big pet rug kind. Great in the field and in the house as well AS LONG AS WE EXERCISE THEM. My 1 year old is insane in the woods. I'm afraid she'll run into a tree someday. Bird Dogs of any kind have a soft spot with me. Mine are bugging me right now.

Posted on: 2008/7/7 21:24

From Lehigh Valley
Our Weims like a shadow. It's funny but if you ever walked in my house you would probably see me on the floor using the dog bed as a pillow and her up on the chair lounging out.

Posted on: 2008/7/8 20:20

From Scranton
The best pair I have ever worn were Oakley Minutes. They're great if you have a narrower face, cause they don't make you look like a bug. Of course having paid so much, I lost them, and until I can stop living on a college budget I'm sticking to the $15 dollar specials.

Oakley does have a pretty nice line of fishing specific sunglasses though, with specialized tints for shallow and deep water.

http://oakley.com/collection/681463

Posted on: 2008/7/10 18:53

« 1 2 3 (4)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com