Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2) 3 4 »

Re: lets talk about Sunglasses

From Harrisburg
I just picked up another pair of sunglasses a few weeks ago at Gander Mountain. They are the 'Fish Eyes' that they have on the big rotating displays in the front of the store. Ran me around $15, they work good enough for me, but I am thinking of getting another lighter tint pair for fishing back along places such as clarks where even on the sunniest days it is dark along the creek. My last pair of them lasted almost a year before I lost them during the late rabbit season.

Posted on: 2008/2/26 8:02

From bucks cty
Quote:

TimMurphy wrote:
Dear yea-who,

What a cool screen name, three thumbs up for that.

If you don't need prescription sunglasses the Babe Winkleman "Flying Fisherman" glasses for about $ 20.00 do a marvelous job.

Back when I wore contact lenses and could actually see I had that "raccoon" face from sunburn and I loved those glasses. there were none better.

Now that I'm blinder than three bats I have to have prescription glasses to see and I figure this go around I'll go with Smith/Action Optics so long as they make glasses in my script?

I wish they would make a pair like the old Babe Winkleman's I had, I really miss the raccoon eyes. They told a lot about the person who had them.

Regards,
Tim Murphy

Same pain here Tim. Geeting old sucks. I have to give the Smiths a try. At some point I'm going to give up and get lens implants.

Posted on: 2008/2/26 19:28

From Monessen, PA
For me, the chance of losing or destroying my sunglasses is directly proportional to the amount I spend on them. The cheaper they are, the longer I seem to hold on to them. Definitely get a polarized lense. Non-polarized sunglasses for looking at water is like a wooly bugger with the hook-point broken off. I do think the lenses stay clearer and resist vest-pocket abrasions better on the expensive lenses, but if you sit on a nice set of clear lenses, they are just as broken as a slightly scratched or cloudy one.

Posted on: 2008/2/27 7:25

From Pine Grove
I alternate between $16 mini market shades and $20 tackle shop models. I'm pretty sure they are all made in the same place. I go through about a pair per year, but then I always have a few spares that aren't worn out yet to loan to buddies or use if I leave mine at home. I know for a fact that if I buy good ones the Jack factor will come into play, so I just keep getting the cheepies. They work for me.

Boyer

Posted on: 2008/2/27 7:59

From Lock Haven, PA
My Walmart polarized sunglasses have camo frames and I love the camo! lol The new ones they have at Walmart have camo lenses too and they suck. You look through them and the camo pattern is like pok-a-doted design on the lenses and the visibility is horrible. Glad I got a spare pair when they had the good camo ones!

Posted on: 2008/2/27 11:15

From Tioga co. formerly of bucks co.
One thing alot of you missed is get something with side sheilds, makes a big difference...I use 50.00 clip ons with my glasses plus add side sheilds.

Posted on: 2008/2/27 18:38

So many Fish, So little time !!!
from the outer edge of nowhere
fly tying and fishing ghillie..
https://www.facebook.com/BigMeadowsFlyShop

From Bozeman
You could always give in to what I have deemed the stupidest female fashion fad ever.

I present you, the fly eye bunch.

Resized Image

Now you can be half retarded and look it too!

Posted on: 2008/2/27 19:50

From Wilkes-Barre / Scranton Area
What do you want hot and smart. not going to happen.

Posted on: 2008/2/27 23:17

From Bozeman
I don't require hot and smart. You clearly haven't met my ex.

I would like hot and not completely idiotic. The search continues.

Posted on: 2008/2/27 23:33

Keep lookin but you will find Bigfoot first.

Posted on: 2008/2/28 6:51

From Lewistown
What's harder to find is a really good lasana recipe.

Posted on: 2008/2/28 7:57

its not the lasagna that is your problem its the sauce. you got to make good sauce.

I wouldn't know i never cooked the past 13 years of my life professionally. or have a piece of paper from a cool-ege that says i know what i am doing. never made sauce in my life.

mon gia mia

Posted on: 2008/2/28 8:11

I hate Lasagna, to much cheese...give a good sauce and spaghetti...nice and thick with a lot of veggies...mmmmmmmmm

Posted on: 2008/2/28 9:28

veggies in sauce..........where are you from? i only know of 2 veggies tomatoes and meatballs.

Buthanna bashtia

Posted on: 2008/2/28 11:14

little Italy, phila.. where you from...lol...onion, pepper, zucchini, mushrooms...

Posted on: 2008/2/28 17:21

« 1 (2) 3 4 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Do you keep a fishing journal?
Yes 52% (85)
No 47% (78)
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll closed at 2014/8/22 12:38
2 Comments

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com