lanyards?

bikerfish

bikerfish

anyone use neck lanyards to hold accessories, floatant, clippers, etc? saw some in a catalog, just wondering if anyone finds them useful.

I think a couple people in the vest vs. pack thread commented they did.

I use one and love it. Havre had it about 3 yrs now. Especially during the warmer months. Mine holds .. tippet spools, flotant, forceps, clippers. All I need then is fly boxes and I am ready to go.
Bill A

They're great for the Summer time...Make sure you get one that breaks away though..If it gets caught on a branch,and you slip and fall, might get hurt..Other then that thumbs up..

I think it is nice. I have totally gotten away from packs and vests. It holders tippet spools,nippers,hemos,floatant etc..

Use a water bottle holder on my wading belt.

While this is not the great part of the setup- to me it's still better than a vest or pack.
I usually stuff my rain coat in the small of my back- if it might rain or cool off later in the day. Or if nice out- it gets left behind. Same with sandwichs etc.. Small snacks go in wader pocket- along with weight and indicators. I either use my jacket or shirt pockets to hold fly box or boxes. This will NOT work if you are a pack rat.

Like almost anything else is this crazy sport- it just a personal choice. This does'nt work for many of my fishing buds.

really like my lanyard for short warm weather trips. Lanyard + 1 fly box.

I just started using a fanny pack this year for my light day trips. I'm thinking of getting a lanyard to do the same thing. I have a double zinger that is held on by a very strong magnet that I put on my waders and then hold one box, my camera, floatant, shot, and indicators in my small pack.. It's has been a good setup so far, but maybe want something better.

thanks for the feedback! good point about one that "breaks away", last thing I want is for one of you guys to stumble upon my remains hanging from a branch along some brookie stream!! "so that's where he was this whole time"!! LOL

Back