greys reels

wildbrooky

wildbrooky

I have been using the streamflex 2 for tight line nymphing for a while. I was wandering if anyone has used the g-5, g-7, or g-900 reel with the interchangeable spools? if you would be able to give me a review slash/ do not buy/ buy for a specific reel would be appreciated. The reels will be used heavily when used for many lake comps I will be in.

Any other suggestions for a lake reel that will hold up and will allow for a quick change of lake lines will be appreciated.

I bought a cortland endurance cartridge reel for fishing Henry's lake last year. I looked into the greys since i have 2 of their rods and love them. If i remember correctly i bought the cortland because the greys seemed very heavy. the cortland isn't the best reel in the world, but it's fine for trout and other freshwater fish. I believe both of these reels might be discontinued at this point. I don't know why these type reels never caught on (probably because reel co.'s make much more selling you spare spools)-The interchangeable cartridge system is awesome for fishing stillwater.

have been using an orvis rocky mtn. with 4 cassettes for over 8 years, just bought the 5/6 greys last year with 4 spools. Can't go wrong with them...go for it..

Back