fly tying table

djmyers

djmyers

I was looking different fly tables and different styles. I wanted to make my own, as I have access to wood at cheap prices cause I work for a cabinetry maker. What size do you recommend? What features are recommended, like how many rods for spools of thread do you need, how many holes do you need for tools. If anyone has made their own I would love to see pictures of what you have done.

I bought a large roll top desk just so I could lock it from the kids and can leave things out on top and it has enough storage space for me.

Joe E.

Djmeyers

I designed my desk last year. Over the winter I had a wood working friend make it for me. I had my hands on a bunch of red oak. My feather drawer were made from solid cedar. I say it turn out really well.

http://home.comcast.net/~bdixonjr/desk1.jpg

Very impressive.

Yeah...thats pretty sweet. My wife just bought new dining room furniture...I have to find a new place to tie now...

Wow, Sage, that's one fine looking tying desk! I just have a four foot long oak table that was our dining room table before my wife decided she couldn't live without a new set. It's long enough to hold books and all the other stuff that goes with tying.
Coughlin

Back