HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: disapointment....

From Pgh
Quote:

pcray1231 wrote:
When it comes to low-cost quality rods, I'm a fan of Cortland. A lot of people say positive things about the brook series. In fact, when I bought my rod, I went with the intention of buying one. It was a fine rod, just not what I wanted. Slower action, more a trico/midge type rod than a brookie buster, and that isn't my brookie style. I chose the GRX, and am more than happy with that purchase, it is my main brookie rod. They don't make it anymore. Just lookin at their lineup, it looks like the pro-cast series may have replaced the GRX. I've not casted them, but if I were in the market for a cheap brookie rod, that'd be #1 on my list (of course I'd want to test it first against others). They have a 7'6" 4 wt, which would be my choice. They also have a 7' 3 wt.

The brook series I've seen retailing $150-$200, and the pro-cast series $100-$150.

I agree. It's a great little rod. And not just for the money. It's a great rod, period. I like my GRX better than most of my Sages. It's very light and crisp (not too fast.). A joy to cast, especially in tight surroundings.

I'll go out a little further here and say it is my favorite trout rod.

Posted on: 2010/5/5 14:18

From Cato, NY
I have a 7' 6" Grey's Streamflex. I think you might like the action and how that rod fishes.

Posted on: 2010/5/5 15:26

From Patterson twp, Pa (Beaver Falls)
Well after much debate, I bought an Albright GP 3wt. I saved a few bucks to use it on other items, and I'll update on how it fishes. Hopefully it'll come before the JAM, so I can catch a few brookies up there on it.

Posted on: 2010/5/14 11:47

From Westmoreland County (near fairgrounds)
Ryan, I think that rod will serve you well for your purpose.

Posted on: 2010/5/14 14:06

I think so too. I was thinking about it as I was driving around between appointments and just said it was time to buy it. It'll serve as a good rod for a few years. Not the "ultimate rod" but I wasn't looking for that. Now that extra money is burning a hole in my pocket and I've been on ebay and craigslist looking for something else to buy

Posted on: 2010/5/14 14:57

u may be surprised the more u fish with the albright the more u might like it , i have talked to guys that felt like i did and said "well it will do for now " and it grows on ya like a mole !!! these rods are definitley a sleeeper for the price !

Posted on: 2010/5/14 22:20

From NW Penna
I've got a 7'6" 4w Albright and it does me just fine...

Posted on: 2010/5/15 22:38

My new rod just came in the mail today. I was very suprised that it came so quick. Ordered it on Friday, shipped out yesterday and came in today. Was hoping I could use it at the JAM. Looks great, can't wait to give a report.

Posted on: 2010/5/19 15:00

From SE Pa
I recently completed a H&H 7'9" 3 wt kit and I really like it.

Posted on: 2010/5/20 17:51

« 1 (2)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Do you keep a fishing journal?
Yes 52% (85)
No 47% (78)
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll closed at 2014/8/22 12:38
1 Comment

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com