christmas is comming

ryanh

ryanh

OK My wife wanted to know what I wanted for christmas. I have been good this year :lol: so I need some ideas. I like the idea of a chest pack, but my mountain smith serves well for that. I am embarrased to say that I really can't think of anything in particular. So any good ideas on books, gadgets, ect would be appreciated.

Ryan...it sucks to have it all don't it? How bouts a donation in your name to a charitable cause? Just a thought?

Maurice

Ryan, Ryan, Ryan!!

You just aren't tryin' man! There is ALWAYS something to spend money on!

Here's a few ideas:

Books: The latest update to Dwight Landis's Guide, the FlyTier's Benchside Reference, Clouser's new Tying Book.

Videos: Anything on casting by Joan Wulff, anything on casting or tying by Kreh or Clouser (get a vid of them together... they are histerical together)

Trips: Get a day on the Susquehanna with Bob Clouser... if you can... book NOW.

Casting Lessons: Emily of www.YellowBreeches.com charges way less than she should (IMHO) and will help you get tight, sexy, effortless loops

Tying: Don't tell me you couldn't use another Whiting Cape in a new color or another.

Clothing: A new fishing shirt or hat is always welcome

Gadgets: How about a light to attach to that chest pack? Or some new flyboxes, so you can create a flybox for every month of the season. Then you'll never be without the right pattern!

Padraic

Ryan:

I love the fish pond chest pack I got for the Smokies Trip. However, I think I know what you and all of us really want. More time on the water. Ask her for two or three "no questions asked I'm going fishing days".

I just remembered something funny. Several years ago I was hinting around that I wanted a steelhead rod. Well, my wife started logging into this site, without my knowledge, and asking questions about buying steelhead rods. Of course everyone started giving their two cents even me.

She bought the rod that I was recommending.

Xmas morning I am in a state of shock opening my present. I could not figure out how she knew. She fessed up later in the day.

So give your opinions you might get suprised.

Maurice,
I am still low on the social economic food chain. Charity starts at home bucco. I by no means have it all, there was just nothing in particular that I have been wanting (within a realistic price range). The last thing I want is more "crap" that doesn't work or you never use anyhow.

Pad, the book ideas are good

I would like a set of Penta planning forms but I think I can use the 850.00 for other things. I would settle on a “no hassle get out and fish for a week worth of time card, no questions asked ”. How about the VISA gift card you can use it anywhere local shops or mail order. The family fishing vacation and you get to pick the location and time of year (fun for all).

ryanh wrote:
Maurice,
I am still low on the social economic food chain. Charity starts at home bucco. I by no means have it all, there was just nothing in particular that I have been wanting (within a realistic price range). The last thing I want is more "crap" that doesn't work or you never use anyhow.

Ryan, I was just kidding...I am in the same boat. I cannot think of anything that I need or want for flyfishing...Upgrading is not one of my strong suits. If I can make it work I do. I shoulda used a smillie or something..live and learn. :lol:

Maurice

Maurice

How about some new leaders, that one you used last week was a little short and rough looking.

If you had new ones you wouldn't have to pick ones off the ground that people throw away :-D

No worries,
I know what you mean by making things work. I fixed my jeep once with a pair of gravel guards. I still have the jeep and the waiders.... Hey maybe I will ask for new set of gravel guards!

I'm gone to order a Stoney Creek flytying table.........The 40 inch Bass edition. :lol:

RyanH,

I'm asking my wife for a 2-weight rod for brookies! Might work for you too...

Greg,

I wanna see a pic of the first brookie you catch with that two wt. And you gotta tail it like the steelie...What a contrast!

:lol:

Maurice

Back