breathable bootfoot chestwaders who makes best?

R

roho1

does a large price tag mean the best? looking for durability, comfort,sizing a issue need to be avaiable in stout size.

does a large price tag mean the best?

Generally a correlation between quality and price, but it's not a hard and fast "rule". There's some winners among the cheaper ones and losers among the expensive ones. And I'm not convinced, on average, that spending double means twice as good. Law of diminishing returns.

Anyway, I'm a stocking foot guy so I can't help ya much on the bootfoot end. I know Orvis Silver Labels come in bootfoot. And I did like my stocking foot version. Can't speak to the comfort of the boots, of course, nor the quality of the boot to wader connection.

I have had a pair of Orvis for over 15 yrs only wear them a few times a year in real cold weather. Would not want to hike long distance in them but other than that I like them. I dont know what model but boot and uppers are roomy perfect for winter. That said stocking are much better all around.

price within a brand = quaility

comparison across brands is hard, when looking stirctly at price

here is a good review of top stockingfoot models

http://www.yellowstoneangler.com/gear-review/2013-wader-shootout-best-waders-simms-g4-simms-g3-patagonia-rio-gallegos-orvis-silver-sonic-dan-bailey-guide-ultra-redington-aquaz-cabelas-bootfoots

Can I ask why you want boot footed as opposed to stocking foot? The reason I ask is, I used to have boot footed waders and such, and I found that the boots just felt clumbsy and heavy, and after a whole day on the stream, my feet HURT.

easy answer in stockingfoot i have bootie to large for feet in order to fit chest size and annoying as hell. if someone made a size 10 bootie in 51 chest i would be good . but they seem to run size 12 bootie and they ball up in heel area.

go to your closest Orvis dealer and order a custom pair of waders. when i work at orvis we ordered a few for customers.

easier said then done closet dealer 4 hrs away but i will look into it

I had the orvis silver label bootfoots with bogs boots. they were super warm before the seam went, and when i sent them back they gave me silver sonics which also leaked. I switch to a "higher" priced wader and find no problems as of yet. Try around, simms used to make good bootfoots but im not sure if their still available.

Huh. Interesting. I find now that I have the backwards problem. Lost weight, my bootie fits perfectly but I can stick both arms down into my waders w/ room to spare. Good for cold days!

dont care if i lose 100lbs size 12 booties still big for a size 10 and as for custom waders from orvis called and emailed them. no such opition exists according to them would be sweet if it did.

Simms

Back