Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Winston BII vs. BIII

From Chadds Ford, PA
Have read good things about both. Is there a real difference or is this simply another marketing scam?

Posted on: 2/3 13:44

Re: Winston BII vs. BIII

Check out one of the older "shoutouts" from yellow stone angler - take comments with a grain of salt - or call winston and ask them.

Posted on: 2/4 18:21

From near Hershey, Pa
I have two of the B2X's: a 9' 7wt and a 8' 4wt and have cast both the 9' 5wt and 8 1/2' 5wt, also.

By comparison I have cast the B3X 9' 5wt twice.

My impression was that the B3X was a little stiffer and did not load as deeply or have as soft a tip as the B2X. To me, I liked the B2X better. I cast the B3X with an old Sharkskin line so maybe pairing it with a GPX or similar 5 1/2 wt line would have sorted the rod out but to me it lacked some of the feedback that the B2X has.

Just my impression. I will add that I lean toward more mid flex rods after fishing a Sage XP for several years as I like to feel a rod as it loads.

Shock

Posted on: 2/5 17:12

From Chester County
Hey Prof,

Someone can give you their opinion about a certain rod and how it works for them, which may be useful. But long and short, try casting a rod before you lay down your shekels to buy. A great rod for one is not-so-great for another. It's best to test out a whole bunch of different rods. Buy a rod that you love or at least like an awful lot, especially for that amount of money. Good luck.

Posted on: 2/9 8:32

From Berks County, PA
I fish both rod models. BIIIx is a bit stiffer throughout the entire rod than the BIIx. Both still have the nice Winston feel at the tip of the rod. I like both rods but for power and fishing in the wind I would go with the BIIIx. It really depends on the type of fishing you do. Either one will get the job done.

Ron

Posted on: 2/9 8:54

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Will you be fly fishing this autumn?
Yes
No
Thinking about it
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll will close at 2014/10/31 17:56
1 Comment

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com