Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

William Joseph WST waders.

From Jonestown, PA
Anyone know where I can locate a good WJ dealer around here or anywhere for that matter that carries these? I've been reading nice reviews about them.

My current ones have crotch leak and it's getting to the point where wader repair almost does nothing haha, time for a new pair!

Posted on: 2011/5/24 13:29

Re: William Joseph WST waders.

From Pittsburgh
Sierra trading post has these waders on clearance right now for $259.
However, I bought a pair of WJ drynamic wades off of them last fall - and have been disappointed in them. They have 6 zippered pockets in the upper part. And when I did some deep wading in them, water came in through these zippers, and I got soaked pretty good.
I'm trying to decide now if I should just return them - for a sierra gift card of equal value. Or maybe try to seal the zippers with some aqua seal. I really have no use for all of those pockets anyway.
Of course I could use them for shallow wading only. But I do like to fish big water

Posted on: 2011/5/27 9:52

From Westmoreland County (near fairgrounds)
I had the same W&J Dynamics and they were awful. The material was de-laminating and leaking everywhere. After 4 rounds of repairs in 8 months I gave up on them and bought LL Beans.

Posted on: 2011/5/28 5:29

W&J sells the worst quality stuff I the sport!!!! They have some real nice designs that don't hold up for squat! I know a.dealer pulling his hair out with W&J returns. He will now only be carrying Fishpond and Simms.

Posted on: 2011/6/2 1:00

From Lancaster County
Willie J had some major issues with their 2009 wader models, particularly with sizing. For anyone who purchased the STP models, you'll notice they're big enough to fit two people into the legs, but all but impossible to get all but a big toe into the stocking feet. I don't know how you could get sizing so screwed up as they did. To their credit, WJ replaced an old model year pair of wading pants with sizing issues with a new model year; however, I can't comment on how well they wear, since they are a gift that will finally make it to its recipient in a few weeks.

Posted on: 2011/6/3 20:55

From Jonestown, PA
Wow interesting... thanks for the heads up.

Posted on: 2011/6/3 21:12

I got the Llbean waist highs for under a hundred bucks to my door, they fit like a pair of pants and the price is sweet, def what I will be wearing this summer

Posted on: 2011/6/6 21:05

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Do you keep a fishing journal?
Yes 52% (85)
No 47% (78)
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll closed at 2014/8/22 12:38
2 Comments

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com