Re: William Joseph Confluence Chest Pack

From Eastern PA
Quote:

Tiltaxp wrote:
Quote:

jdaddy wrote:
Quote:

gaeronf wrote:
"Seems like a glowing endorsement." Excuse my ignorance, but what do you mean by that?

Which word?

smart a** lol.... I can understand why they recommend the fishpond so heavily, but I doubt the WJ bag is a POS. eventually you'll have 7 vests/chest packs, 1 for each day of the week.

Ya, I know. I literally meant what I said and was not being sarcastic for once. I know a few guides and comp guys that use them. They tend to put high demands on their gear so I think it speaks highly of the pack. There are folks on here that have it as well and have not chimed in for some reason.

I'd be interested to know which Fishpond they are comparing this to. One of the key advantages of the WJ in my mind is the shoulder harness concept versus the around the neck concept. I can't stand crap hanging off my neck. Frankly, I have gotten to where I really appreciate my Simms waterproof saltwater flats waist/lumbar/fanny pack. Only issue I have with it is that it tends to drag my waders or pants down when I load it up with gear. You would understand that Tilt.

Posted on: 2011/7/13 9:25

From Cato, NY
I personally don't own the confluence but I have only heard good things from the people I know who own them. I would get one if I didn't already have my filson strap vest and an orvis complete chest pack which is now discontinued.

Posted on: 2011/7/13 11:15

I know you meant that it is a glowing endorsement, I was referring to the which word comment lol.

I'd recommend seeing if there is a used one you can pick up and save a few bucks. Out of my 7 or 8 packs I only bought 2 of them new and the one was a cheap gander mtn pack that I upgraded to a large fishpond when the first was falling apart.

Posted on: 2011/7/13 21:24

From Harrisburg
Quote:

jdaddy wrote:
Quote:

Tiltaxp wrote:
Quote:

jdaddy wrote:
Quote:

gaeronf wrote:
"Seems like a glowing endorsement." Excuse my ignorance, but what do you mean by that?

Which word?

smart a** lol.... I can understand why they recommend the fishpond so heavily, but I doubt the WJ bag is a POS. eventually you'll have 7 vests/chest packs, 1 for each day of the week.

Ya, I know. I literally meant what I said and was not being sarcastic for once. I know a few guides and comp guys that use them. They tend to put high demands on their gear so I think it speaks highly of the pack. There are folks on here that have it as well and have not chimed in for some reason.

I'd be interested to know which Fishpond they are comparing this to. One of the key advantages of the WJ in my mind is the shoulder harness concept versus the around the neck concept. I can't stand crap hanging off my neck. Frankly, I have gotten to where I really appreciate my Simms waterproof saltwater flats waist/lumbar/fanny pack. Only issue I have with it is that it tends to drag my waders or pants down when I load it up with gear. You would understand that Tilt.

+1 to the fullest. Can't stand my pack around my neck. Future purchase is in the works.

Posted on: 2011/7/14 0:27

From Media Pa
I started a thread about this chest pack back in March. I didn't start using mine until recently when the weather got real hot and my vest was keeping me hot. L love the thing. The magnet closing device is smokin. Here was the thread

http://www.paflyfish.com/forums/Open- ... Pack-Fly-Patch-Question/3,18138,255095.html#forumpost255095

Posted on: 2011/7/15 9:25

This is a nice chest pack. It will hold all the gear you need and then some.
Most important of all, it is very comfortable, as the weight of the pack is distributed across the shoulders, not on the neck. Furthermore, it is designed to allow heat to escape from the body, something that you might want to consider at this point in the season.
If there is a weakness, it is the lack of practical place to attach a net. The pack has a loop, which is provided as a place for securing your net. However, it is just not practical.
You might find the 2010 model at closeout price here:
http://www.wyomingflyfishing.com/Will ... t-Sale-P967C62.aspxQuote:

gaeronf wrote:
Lol. Thanks. I was looking into buying/trading for one but I have heard some people say they are complete junk, while others swear by it.

Posted on: 2011/7/15 9:40

From Lancaster County
I have several William Joseph packs. They are definitely NOT junk. I have a Coastal, Coastall II, Confluence, and Exodus. The first three are older model year version. I can't compare them to a Fishpond pack, because the only Fishpond gear I own is a reel case. My only disappointment with WJ so far is the Exodus pack, which was advertised as being 3100 cubic inches, and they acknowledged that it was a major typo, and its less than half that in size. I wasn't looking at it wholly for fishing gear, but also for an overnight, ultralight backpacking pack. They did have some quality control issues with sizing on waders a few years back, but were excellent about replacing the pair of pants I bought that were oddly sized.

Posted on: 2011/7/16 14:20

[quote]
RichFishbelt wrote:

If there is a weakness, it is the lack of practical place to attach a net. The pack has a loop, which is provided as a place for securing your net. However, it is just not practical.
[quote]

There is a loop inside the backpack. We poked a hole in the center top and pushed it through and added a magnet. It works fine, but I am surprised W&J didn't just design it that way. We didn't add any support around the hole and it hasn't ripped any bigger than when we did it. I think I probably should add some liquid seam or something but it's just not been and issue I'm worried about it's been a few years now.

My son competed using one and is still using the same pack. It real distributes weight across the shoulders and doesn't give you pressure points. I love my pack, but I'm sure there are others out there that are good. Just not ready to give up mine anytime soon.

Posted on: 2011/7/20 18:50

« 1 (2)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com