What size wading boots?

froghair5

froghair5

I'm about to purchase a new wading boot and I'm not sure what size I should order. Should I order my street size or go a little bigger to accomodate my neoprene stocking foot and a thicker sock for winter? Any help would be appreciated!

I think it depends on the brand...some run big, some run small...mention the brand and someone with experience should be able to tell you.

froghair5 wrote:
I'm about to purchase a new wading boot and I'm not sure what size I should order. Should I order my street size or go a little bigger to accomodate my neoprene stocking foot and a thicker sock for winter? Any help would be appreciated!

A lot of companies that your planning to buy from can assist. For example, LL Bean reccomends one full size bigger than what your street shoe is.

If you plan on using them during the winter, I would go one size bigger. I wear a 10.5 shoe size, but order size 12 wading boots. In the summer, I use them as well when I wet wade. I bought a bootie/gravel guard bootie that I wear with my boots to take up space. I also bought a size 11 wading boot (extra money came my way) for summer wet wading. Good luck.

yes if your gonna fish very cold water, the winter, you ned to allow for a heavy sock, a tight boot and your feet will get cold alot sooner than one that fits loose

I wear a size 12 shoe, and size 12 wading boot. Simple system, and it's always worked for me.

I do try them on over a neoprene sock (the word booty needs to be retired) first, though.

jayL wrote:

I do try them on over a neoprene sock (the word booty needs to be retired) first, though.

Sorry jayL, I will try not to use the word booty/bootie anymore. As of now, it is officially retired.

Blackfly wrote:
jayL wrote:

Sorry jayL, I will try not to use the word booty/bootie anymore. As of now, it is officially retired.

Haha. I was just messing around, but I do choose not to use it. Maybe I'll replace it with "badonkadonk"

If you can slide in to a size 9, I have an almost brand new set of Simms G3 Guide boots for sale. I'll sell for $50.00 not including shipping. Email me if interested: dcoffey130@gmail.com

Maybe I'll replace it with "badonkadonk"[/quote]

I like the substitute, can I use it as well.

Blackfly wrote:
Maybe I'll replace it with "badonkadonk"

I like the substitute, can I use it as well.[/quote]

Bad pop culture is free.

Wait, you're putting on neoprene *** cheeks?

Does not compute!

I suggest Sport-Utility Socks.

Oh, and OP: Cabela's told me to go up one size for their boots over their waders.

Always go a size larger no matter what you won't be sorry..

If you're planning on fishing in the winter you're better off with a boot with a little extra room. Even with a liner sock and a good heavy sock you're feet will get cold if they are too tight. I had a tough day Steelhead fishing last February with stockingfoot waders and found that you don't want your feet too constricted.

I wear an 11.5 or 12 shoe, but my Korkers wading boots are size 13 and fit great. Korkers seem to really shrink when they dry out.

I always go a size bigger. Works for me.

Real men dont wear waders, havent you seen a river,drunk,gambling addict,preacher, womanizer, runs through it?

A little heads up. My brother wears a size 12 shoe and ordered a pair of Simms G4 Guide boots (not sure why) size 13 with that vibram sole. Got them in and said they were super huge. He had to send them back. So maybe some of the newer boots or just Simms is changing design/sizing. Just want to give you guys the heads up. It is always best to get them from a shop, but when you don't have a local shop, got to order them and go with trial and error. Happy fishing fellows.

Got a pair of Simms Headwaters a couple weeks ago. I'm a half size so I went to the next full size. When I tried them on they felt real good--wider and more room than any wading shoe I've bought to date--for that same size.

Chota ,same size as street shoes. The only problem seems to be when they are dry it's a bit tough to get them on. After they get wet it's no problem getting them on.

Back