What color is your reel?

sgrim

sgrim

The color schemes for reels seems endless these days.
All of mine are some variant of basic black...maybe a little silver trim here & there.
Just curious about anyone who's really gone colorful. What did you choose & why?

My primary trout reel is orange. My saltwater reel is black and red.

I got both because I liked the looks of them. The orange one looks "reel" good and I don't know anyone that has one.

I have all kinds of colors of reels. I am in a kick of making them match the rod. For trout the quality of reel isn't important to me and Piscifun makes a cheap quality reel in a large variety of colors. I have a gold and a bronze in the 5/6wts. I have a 3/4wt Maxcatch reel which is also cheap in the silver and blue to match my 2wt rod. I have a 7/8 black and red Redington Behemoth for my black and red 8wt. I also have an 7/8wt Allen Kraken in dorado for my blue and green 8wt I am currently building. The 8wts are going to be catching bigger fish (salmon, steelhead, bass, maybe a musky) so I got more quality reels for them BUT don't knock the Piscifun reels. For the money they are very nice! I never understood spending a lot of money on a trout/panfish reel. 99.9% of trout I hand strip in and all the reel does is hold the line.

Flat black or graphite so as not to spook fish on sunny days.

RED, SILVER, GOLD, BLACK

All Flamed and one blonde. However, that said I also own 1 flat black and 1 brown. Joe E

Black(3), Silver, Burnt orange, Red, Green and Camo

15 year old, black Lamson Radius II w/lots of battle scars.

Most of my reels are polished and dull aluminum on one side and a gray color on the other side .
I have some black,green,and red reels . I think two or three are red,and two are green.
I also have one gat is like a silver powder coat .

Piscifun makes a cheap quality reel in a large variety of colors.

I agree - I bought the "sword" in the 5/6 not long ago for my euro outfit in the green and silver (which matches my rod nicely). I got an extra spool too - so reel and an extra spool for like $60 I think? Shoulda got the pink one for the conversation starter...

I was definitely skeptical about it before buying but have been pleasantly surprised at the quality, especially for the price. It's a smooth reel and doesn't feel "cheapo" in hand. It doesn't look cheap either, it's actually pretty snazzy. Only thing that is weird about it is that it has no "click" when reeling your line in - it's completely silent. That may bother some, but I don't really miss it and in no way does that compromise functionality.

Figured I'd give it a blurb in case anyone was looking at these and wondering...

Anyway- to the OP, I've got a silver/green, and the rest are black. redington drift 3/4, another redington 5/6, and an allen 8.

Back