HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Water Proof Otterbox

From Room 109

Posted on: 5/1 8:12

Re: Water Proof Otterbox
From Dallastown, PA
Hey I got one of these the last time Bruno posted and I love it. Its for a Iphone 4s though...not offered this time.

I work along creeks and have dropped mine over the bank twice and took several minutes to retrieve out of 1'ft of water and not a drop got in. I am always dropping my phone on limestone boulders and tumbling it our of excavators too....

Almost makes me sad that I bought an underwater camera knowing I could just use the Iphone now.

If you can stand the limited colors this is great for the fisherman or anyone who likes to carry a phone near water.

Posted on: 5/1 8:30

From Pretty much everywhere at some point, Thorndale today.
I have the Casio Commando. No need for a stinkin box! However, instead of the hassle of a box over an i-phone, I get the pleasure of frequent crashes from a buggy droid with outdated specs. Yay me!

I still have a waterproof/shockproof camera as well. It's a camera, and when it comes to taking pictures, far more user friendly than the best camera phones, and takes better pictures to boot. I haven't gone as far as SLR for my photography, but even a P&S will take nicer pictures, quicker, and with less hassle than a camera.

Posted on: 5/1 9:32

From Room 109
it is one heck of a deal. My co worker just paid 100.00 at REI for one of these. Yes i sent them the link to this:) I have been using it quite a bit and it is great.

Posted on: 5/1 10:43

From Erie, PA
Lifeproof

Posted on: 5/1 20:37

From Dallastown, PA
Quote:

pcray1231 wrote:
I have the Casio Commando. No need for a stinkin box! However, instead of the hassle of a box over an i-phone, I get the pleasure of frequent crashes from a buggy droid with outdated specs. Yay me!

I still have a waterproof/shockproof camera as well. It's a camera, and when it comes to taking pictures, far more user friendly than the best camera phones, and takes better pictures to boot. I haven't gone as far as SLR for my photography, but even a P&S will take nicer pictures, quicker, and with less hassle than a camera.

Haha, the Iphone camera is better than most point and shoots...My bro had a commando its a POS. Or so he said. he now has an Iphone and is happy with it. His biggest gripe was with the email function, wouldn;t let him selectively delete messages. You basically had to clear the whole mailbox or delete the account and reset it.

Lifeproof is chincy but guarantees the phone. I wonder if it would stand up to being run over by a 13,000# excavator. My boss has one and raves about it. My phone weighs four time what his does but its Mauriceproof. I couldn't get away with a girly lifeproof.

Posted on: 5/1 22:46

From Lewisberry, PA
I got one last time it was posted. Actually bought three. They're awesome. Dropped my phone in the water trying to snap a pic of a fish. Worked like a charm. Thanks for the heads up.

Posted on: 5/2 6:02

From Pretty much everywhere at some point, Thorndale today.
I have the newer version of the commando. "Casio Commando 4g LTE." No issues with e-mail. Really it does everything I want it to. Crashes occasionally is my only gripe. That and the worst auto correct ever.

I'm not sure on picture quality. Most don't take as good of pictures but the i-phone may, I dunno. My phone takes fine pics in bright sun, but goes downhill quickly in lesser light, as most phone cams do. Deep woods by day, big water at dusk is typical fishing for me, hence mostly lower light. It's great for taking pictures of my kid running around the yard, but thats as far as it goes for me.

The biggest drawback is time. Some P&S cameras suck at this too. But I can power on, focus, snap pic, power off in under 3 seconds with my fishing camera, and still get pretty good pics. An extra second or so for macro to get a bug pic. That speed is vital for how I use a fishing camera. I can't even unlock my phone and find the camera app in that kind of time on a phone. If it weren't quick and easy, I wouldn't take many pictures, and then picture quality really doesn't matter.

Posted on: 5/2 21:23

Too bad there's no waterproof case for the galaxy s4... Maybe next time.

Posted on: 5/3 2:28

From Fairborn, OH
I picked up the Otter Box last time they had this sale, but it stays strictly in the fishing pack. It's excellent, waterproof and well-built, but far too bulky for my taste when it comes to pocket storage. For day to day use, I have a simple Magpul Executive streamline case that is little more than a plastic sleeve. It gives no waterproof protection at all, but has saved the phone from the shock of a drop once or twice.

The Lifeproof case doesn't stand up out here in the Nevada desert. As a friend discovered the hard way, if you store it in your car during the summers here, the seal (particularly the one around the little vanity window on the back that does nothing but show off the Apple logo) will be shot from the intense heat and the case will leak if it gets submerged. That defeats any reason I would have to buy it sine any replacement phone won't be there in time to get pics from the current fishing trip. The Otter Box is a bulky solution, but it's tough, it works, and the size of it isn't a factor when I'm fishing.

Posted on: 5/4 23:49

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Do you keep a fishing journal?
Yes 52% (85)
No 47% (78)
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll closed at 2014/8/22 12:38
1 Comment

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com