Wanted 7'3 4wt LL series

Stenonema

Stenonema

I am looking for a Sage 7 foot 3 inch 4 weight in the LL series. This rod was made with different generations of graphite. The one I am looking for is the origional made with the graphite 2. Marked on the side of the rod. This is an act of desperation but this had been the best small stream rod for me that I have ever had. Sage will not replace the graphite two for me. The graphite two had some balls. The rods progressively got more wimpy as people wanted small rods for meadow. small dry fly type fishing. I need a rod that can both cast a 14 adams and slam a bugger up under a root wad overhanging bank mess and the vinegar to yank out what grabs it. For me the best rod for my purposes was this rod. If you have one or know someone who does. I will be very interested.

Good luck in finding one. I have a 9' 4wt LL. I'll never part with it. It's one of the best casting rod's i have. If you get sombody to part with one, you will love it. good luck.

I have the 3wt rod and love it. I will never sell it. When Dave comes back from vacation, ask him if he knows who made them for Rod. He may still blanks and can make you one.

There is one on ebay type in "Sage LL fly rod.

Hunter,, I have the 9 footer too. It's a fantastic rod. I have a lot of newer rods that are also good. I still fish the LL graphite 2 9 foot 4 weight more often than the others.
I looked at the one on ebay and that one is graphite 3. I owned one, and never liked it for the purposes I was using it for, the graphite two was easily the best. There was a big change in this rod between the two series of graphite. By this rod, I mean this particular length and taper. For the graphite 3, I believe I can find rods on the market today that will do the job as well or maybe better. I have been looking at ebay from time to time. I got excited there because I haven't looked for awhile. This is the second graphite 3 series rod.

Yeah, I have a 8'6" 3 wt LL. Ilike the 4wt better myself. But when the water is low, Fish spooky, I caint beat the 3wt for midges and a light presentation.

I've got a 7'6" Loomis rod that I believe is comparable 2nd generation graphite, IM6. It's a sweet rod.

Thanks Chaz, I have accumulated some rods over time trying to replace my loss. Without stirring up an awkward discussion over what 3 inches means to a rod. I will just say that " I am only interested in this particular Sage rod.

fair enough.

Back