Waist waders

J

Joe

I just picked a pair up from LLBean. I am tired of wading with hippers in fairly low waters and getting a leg wet. Will post a review after a few outings with them.

I always wanted waist highs, but the last pair of chest waders I bought had outside belt loops and easily converted to waist high from chest high. I always hated hip boots.

Ironically, there are times there is nothing less pleasing than a wet crotch. :cool:

LOL 'Gambler

I switched to waist highs for this season. Hippers always seemed keep me out of reach of where I wanted to be, and I've reached an age where there are places I no longer should try to go. :-D

Waist highs are the answer.
Coughlin

i have the llbean waist highs they are great and very very durable for $100.....ive hiked in them been on my hands and knees crawing in around little streams with them and i have yet put a hole in them. Great stuff!!! good luck with your pair im sure you will be pleased....tweek

Jack,

Geno may be reading this board, lets keep it family friendly, looks like even a moderator can need moderatin'!

Bede

I have have a pair of Hodgeman waist high "Wadelites". They are probably my favorite pair of waders. I tossed out the hippers myself when i was about 16...hehe. I'm sure you'll find them very versatile. I use them more than my Simms chest waders and i paid a heck of a lot more for them. They're especially nice once the weather gets a little warmer. Happy fishing.

I got waist waders last year for the same reasons coughlin mentioned--I really like them. Still like my hip boots for the small brookie streams though. But if I get back into long hikes, the light weight waist highs will pack away real well.

Back