Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Wading gear & invasive species question

From Jefferson Hills, Pa
According to yesterdays Post-Gazette and my most recent Pa. Outdoor News, New Zealand mudsnails are in Centre County's Spring Creek. My question is, along with this (Spring Creek) and rock snot in the Yough and Savage Rivers, how many folks on this board have 2 sets of wading gear if they know they may be going to infected waters. I only fish only Laurel Hill Creek and the Yough but I have separate wading gear for each even if they are in the same watershed. Thoughts anyone?

Posted on: 2013/10/21 19:22

Re: Wading gear & invasive species question

From Stevens,Pa.
I am not an expert, but to completly eliminate the transportation of invasive species we would have to have a complete set of equipment i.e.,rods/reels,waders,boots,packs etc for each body of water we fish. If NZ snails are truly here then we have some lazy fishermen. I hope this is not true.

Posted on: 2013/10/21 19:27

Re: Wading gear & invasive species question

From Pittsburgh
When on extended fishing trips, I've been carrying a 2nd set of waders and boots. I often jump from the streams around state college, to the delaware river and back. And have one set to use exclusively on the Big D.

With the mud snails now confirmed in spring creek, that really complicates things now.
Guess I won't be able to work my way back from the D, to spring creek, then the little j anymore - like I've done many times in the past

Posted on: 2013/10/22 10:30

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Do you keep a fishing journal?
Yes
No
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll will close at 2014/8/22 12:38
1 Comment

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com