Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 (3)

Re: Waders

Ads for products and/or commercial sites are not allowed on PAFF.

Posted on: 12/12 1:18

Edited by raprance on 2019/12/12 1:47:16
Edited by afishinado on 2019/12/12 8:08:25

Would never buy Simms again. Bought Patagonia and was overall pleased. Simms was terrible. Said I wore my waders out (less than a year old) Was their top of line at time. They offered me a certain amount off on another pair. Forget it. I have old Cabelas neoprenes for winter which are very good. LLBean was okay and so was Orvis but warranties have changed and like others said "they all leak".

They can send a man to the moon but they cannot make decent waders.

They call it planned obsolescence. I call it a rip off.

Posted on: 1/2 21:01

From Glenmoore
I have a pair of Redington Sonic Pros that have held up pretty well for a few years, but I notice that the neoprene bootie is wearing thin at the balls of my feet. Is there a good way to reinforce this, or do I just wait for the inevitable?

Posted on: 1/3 7:42

From SWYC
My LL Bean waist highs are getting beyond repair, so I went to order another pair and they've been discontinued. Can anyone recommend other waist highs that you've been happy with?

Posted on: 2/14 14:43

From Central Pa
A few months ago I bought a pair of waist high Dryft waders. Really like the fit, they’re quite comfortable. As for the durability I can’t speak to that since they aren’t very old but I personally feel they have a good design. Price was reasonable compared to some others. Their website has some good info you may want to check out.

Posted on: 2/14 16:24

From Chester County
Quote:

laszlo wrote:
My LL Bean waist highs are getting beyond repair, so I went to order another pair and they've been discontinued. Can anyone recommend other waist highs that you've been happy with?

You may want to consider trying convertible type waders. I've been wading with them for quite a while now and have been very happy with them. What I like most is they have suspenders and not just a belt to hold them up. Most of the time I wear them as waist-highs, but converting them to chest-highs when needed has been handy.

Posted on: 2/14 17:12

« 1 2 (3)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Sponsors
USGS Water Levels <Click Map>

Copyright 2020 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com