WTB: gently used kayak

T

timmyt

Looking to buy a kayak to use for fishing this season for some float trips, etc. Wondering if anyone had one they were looking to move on from, thanks

What size were you thinking and sit on or in? Also what price range?
I might have a heck of a deal for you pending on what your looking for.

10 or 12 foot was thinking more like 10 but would be open to 12.

I have only used a sit in never a sit on but i want this thing mainly for river trips. Some to fish out of but more to float a stretch of river and stop and wade fish.

Lemme know what you got!

The one I have is a 13' sit on top.
I'm considering letting it go but I'm not sure it would be right based on what you have experience with.

Are the sit on tops harder to balance and not roll being that your center if gravity is higher?

Just the opposite. Most sit on tops are more stable. Many are made to stand up and cast. Just a little harder to paddle and slower. If you are drifting down a stream its no problem. .

Hmmm, good info. Seems my experience is too limited to make a very educated choice right now. At the very least it sounds like i should do some more research

Thanks

timmyt wrote:
Seems my experience is too limited to make a very educated choice right now. At the very least it sounds like i should do some more research

The most important practical consideration is how will you transport it?

What style of roof rack system do you have (or truck bed length). Bigger, sit-on top style boats are heavy and difficult to get on the roof of a vehicle, especially if that vehicle is an SUV with a tall roofline.

I have a full size pick up with a 6 foot bed so not SUPER worried about transport and i wont ever float solo so i figure i would normally have a hand getting it in and out

Back