Trout Sunglasses for Stream Fishing

mattwolf

mattwolf

Hello all,

I am looking for a good pair of polarized sunglasses for fishing for trout. Most of my fishing is done on streams and small rivers. I would love to get a pair that has interchangeable lenses like my shotgun shooting glasses. I think this would help under certain light conditions. I have a pair of Oakley's now that are have the yellow polarized lenses in them, but I think I can find something better out there. I see Costa and Smith's seem to be popular in the fishing word, but I am not sure which ones I would choose between them.

Thanks for the help,

Smith Optics Polarchromic Copper Mirror
Smith Optics Chromapop Ignitor
Smith Optics Chromapop Bronze Mirror

Costa Del Mar Silver Mirror Copper

I am in the same boat as you MattWolf. I hear great things about the Smith Optics ChromaPop. There is a ton of hype around them and I just want to see what all the fuss is about. I am intrigued by them.....just have to find a dealer close by now.

I recently pulled the trigger on the Smith Chromapop Igniter. The Igniter just means these are best suited for lower light, and the Chromapop increases contrast.

The local dealer, only had cyclist type sunglasses, so I was a little hesitant buying sight unseen. But I tried on models that they had to get a feel for their fit.

I am very pleased with the glasses. The contrast is incredible, and they do a great job cutting glare off of the water. Also, they have some special material that keeps them from sliding down your nose when wet, and it actually works.

They also do a great job under brighter conditions, but I'm not sure about saltwater bright.

If you lived closer I'd let you try them on if you wanted.

Gentlemen,

Thank you for the information. It seems like the Chromapop's seem to be the most popular. SteveG, My best friend lives in Camp Hill. I usually only make it down there once a year to visit he and his family, but thanks for the offer and the info.

Thanks again,

Back