Tippet Rings

jeremymcon

jeremymcon

Anybody ever use tippet rings? It seems like they'd save me a fair amount of tippet, and be pretty convenient. I'm having trouble finding a source, though. Any advice on where I can get them for a reasonable price?

They work. They're good. Either local fly shop or...... Here

Check ebay as well. The ones from ebay usually don't come on the snap holder but you can put them on a safety pin or snap swivel.

Get the small (1.5 - 2mm) ones for dry flies, any size for nymphing. Even the "large" are still really small.

Of course they're on back order at cablea's... I'll have to check eBay.

try performaceflies

bass pro has them as well. also tco had a good price on them atleast at the show. i dont know about now. but yes they're nice until you get stuck and lose both the fly and the ring

pro4mance wrote:
try performaceflies

They're out of stock at Performance Flies and Cabela's have them on back order. They must be very popular.

I have them and really like them.
I checked here, http://wflies.com/Tippets.html , but
they are out of stock too.

J. Stockard has them in stock - good price, too. Link

Flyfisher's Paradise had several packs this past Friday, and the Heritage Shop on the LL had lots of them too. Both places had the Angler's Image brand (?), and were like $6 for a pack of 10.

I mainly nymph fish and I use 3 mm sterling silver close D rings from a bead supply shop. I color them with a black sharpie. I think they were thirty five cents each. Also, I changed the shape from round to oval.

Don

i have never used them and they do seem expensive. i am not the smartest guy in the world but wouldn't a small barrel swivel work just the same for nymphing. Just an observation I made, 10 tippet rings for $4.99 or 72 barrel swivels for $4.49.

barrel swivel

Oh, sorry if i offended anyone, am I allowed to mentioned barrel swivel in a fly fishing forum? :oops: LOL!

I don't get it, and don't want to get it, but I saw these being used by someone on another forum and thought some of you might want to give them a try:
Jump Rings
I hope it goes without saying, but I have no financial interest.
Mike.

redrockgrizzly wrote:
i have never used them and they do seem expensive. i am not the smartest guy in the world but wouldn't a small barrel swivel work just the same for nymphing. Just an observation I made, 10 tippet rings for $4.99 or 72 barrel swivels for $4.49.

barrel swivel

Oh, sorry if i offended anyone, am I allowed to mentioned barrel swivel in a fly fishing forum? :oops: LOL!

don't be silly. i use barrel swivels however the ones you have posted are pure #censor#. these guys are talking about tippet rings that that will float on the surface for dry fly presentations. having said that, as someone mentioned above, one would likely benefit from using a sharpie to knock the flash off of tippet ring. if you want to use a barrel swivel as redrockgrizzly has suggested FOR NYMPHING (which I do) then use a higher quality Mustad or Raven.

Back