Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: Thoughts on Redington Sonic-Pro waders?

I have the sonic pro zips. I don't give a rip about the seams. When I needed replacement in the past dial Redington, immediately get a human being and they send replacements that day. The zipper in the front is genius. If you drink coffee or beer when you fish, you know what I mean.

Posted on: 2011/11/4 12:22

From Northwest
Last weekend I was on the coast for clamming and fishing. I have the new sonic pro waders and love the fact that I can go clamming early drop off the clams, take a quick pit stop without having to remove my coat, and head out fishing for the day. They are so much easier to get in and out of than my previous pair. I'm sold... the way I look at it is no matter how much you pay a wet wader ruins your day.

Posted on: 2011/11/4 13:03

From Huntingdon
right now i have the william joseph drynamic waders.....i paid 250.00
well worth it...but i love redington products and they have great customer service....my new pair will be the sonic pro waders if i dont get another set of drynamics...i tried a set on that my buddy has and they are sweet

Posted on: 2011/11/4 22:12

From Philadelphia, PA
Just got a pair of these. Arrived today. Will have them out for the first time next week on the SR. Will post thoughts then.

Posted on: 2011/11/5 0:06

From Lehigh Valley
I had planned on buying a pair of Simms G4 Pros w zipper this spring, i have a pair of Redington Barrierflex that are 14 yrs old they started gettin pinholes a couple years ago so i just used aquaseal on em unfortunately that was before i learned how to properly fix breathable waders{damn things llok like i was blotched but hey they are still good an dont leak}these waders were worn at least 200 days a year for the first seven years i had them an i always made sure to dry em and also to make sure there was no gravel in my wading boots before an after each time i wore them the neoprene booties are still good shape.Also one thing i can add is once you dry the outside opf your waders hangin them up...make sure you turn em inside out or you will get mold an that defeats the breathablity as well as smell.
where it concerns DWR treatment i wash my waders every two years along with my rain jacket with special nik wash an then reapply Revivex an the jacket is also over 15 years old an a Pacific Fly Group water proof breathable jacket.If you learn to take care of your gear you will get your money out of it.
This past spring i bought a pair of Redington Sonic Pro Zips, have waded too the point that water was lappin the tops on a dozen occasions...that zipper really does work, not to mention when ya have to pee.I couldn't be happier.and for 350 clams its a no brainer.
I have other Simms clothing And IMHO their Windstopper doublke layer fleece Guide Jacket is the best par none, i have had mine for 15 years also an it still looks great an works like new.
Get a pair of Redington Sonic Zips an i bet you will be happy

Posted on: 2011/11/5 17:36

From Berks County
I have the zip-fronts. I have never owned a pair of Simms or other big brand waders to compare, but I like them. I can't speak on their durability, as I have only had them a few months and wore them about 50 times, but so far, I have no complaints.

Posted on: 2011/11/6 10:13

From Philadelphia, PA
Took longer than expected, but here's the Sonic Pro Zip Front review. I ended up loving these waders:

http://www.hatchmag.com/articles/revi ... o-zip-front-waders/771167

Posted on: 2011/12/13 12:15

From Tailwater USA
Well as most of you know we at CCAS are Simms guys, but that being said the longest lasting pr of breathable waders I ever owned was a pr of Orvis Clearwater Waders. When I use to fish over 180 days a year they were bullet proof. I want to say I paid around $140 for them in 1994 or so. I got almost 10 years out of them. Hard to believe but true. I still have them today. I cut the stocking feel of them and use them for the best rain pants ever. Back to the redingtons. I actually own a old pr (zippered front)before the sonics came out. They worked fine, however I have to say that I had two other buddies who got the same ones. One pr leaked out of the box and the other pr the zippers broke and the seam tape came off. However mine have been relagated to a backup pair now. I know use the Simms G4's and am really happy with them. Pricey but dependable, However no wader is inderstructable. I think the best approach is buy the best you can afford. Sure companies like Bean and Cabelas offer great warranties but a great warranty isn't great if you have to return them all the time. That being said the best thing to do is look for quality in workmanship and materials. Inspect how the boot foot is attached, thickness of materials and quality of seems and how they are taped. A quality product is easy to spot.

Posted on: 2011/12/15 18:27

« 1 (2)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Will you be fly fishing this autumn?
Yes
No
Thinking about it
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll will close at 2014/10/31 17:56
Comments?

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com