Temple Fork Outfitters rods

huntfish

huntfish

I'm thinking of getting a new rod to fool around with for little brookies. I was looking at TFO as a possible go to for a little 2 weight. Does anyone have experience with these rods that can tell me a little about them? Thanks

I own a TFO Finesse 7'-9" 3 weight, one of my favorite rods. Slow, sooth, roll casts so delicately. Some of the Finesse rods are a bit faster. Search the web for TFO Finesse rod reviews. You can learn a lot about the individual rods in that series.

I have a TFO BVK 10 ft 4wt for nymphing. I love the rod and have had no issues. It is even quickly becoming one of my go to rods for dries.

TFO Finesse 8'-9" 4 weight is a nice medium action. It does come in a 7'3" 2 weight.

Sounds good. Definitely looking at the finesse 7'3" 2 weight. I just wish it was a little shorter for the streams I would be targeting with it (really heavy brush and low branches)

Bass Pro white river classic 355 (3 weight 5.5 feet) for less than $100. Throws a true 3 weight (94-106 grain head) like a dream. 3 piece construction makes it easy to pack too! Perfect blue-liner or panfish rod. Love mine!

For brookie fishing, I recommend a 7 1/2 ft, 4 wt.

Much more versatile than something short and light. I fished with a 6 ft, 2 wt and didn't like it at all. Not enough casting punch.

The action of rods is a matter of personal preference. The brand name doesn't matter that much.

I have a Cabelas 2 wt 6 footer. Works for me! Small creek with tight quarters make the short rod more effective,IMO. GG

The shorter the rod the more limited you will be. A 6' rod may be good on small streams, but won't be as good on anything of decent size. A 7'6" would be able to fish on small brookie streams, but can also cast and mend on "larger" waters.

Heres the thing, I already have a 7 foot 4 weight orvis clearwater with a battenkill reel. However i have the opportunity to get an entire outfit from TFO for about 100 bucks so im thinking why the heck not? Since I already have an 8'6 5 weight and the 7 foot 4 weight I'm thinking just getting something for real small creeks to mess around with

I don't own any TFO's. However, I've been a heartbeat from buying the Lefty Kreh Professional Series 7'6" 5 wt for small stream work. It's a broomstick. I like broomsticks for brookies.

My current brookie rod is a 7'6" 4/5 wt Cortland GRX. I really like it, my only complaint is that it's a 2 pc. That's fine for a lot of things but a 4 pc would be nice for longer hikes.

Complete outfit for a 100 bucks just do it.

2 words... gander mountain. Harrisburg store closing and fly rods are 40% off

Back