TFO Mangrove series rods

TimMurphy

TimMurphy

Dear Board,

Does anyone know of a stocking dealer in the eastern part of the State of PA that might have a TFO Mangrove series 690-4?

My brother uses one for zekes, read carp, in CO. He absolutely loves it but I would like to see one before I bought one.

If you know of any other similarly priced rods, $ 250.00 - $ 275.00 range, that offer a fighting butt on their 6 weight I'd entertain recommendations.

I want a rod that has a little less ummph than the 8 weight RPLxi that I typically use for warm water fishing. It's an awesome rod but I'm getting tired of air mailing 6 inch bluegills into the toulee weeds and think a 6 weight will do the trick.

Regards,

Tim Murphy :)

TimMurphy wrote:
Dear Board,

Does anyone know of a stocking dealer in the eastern part of the State of PA that might have a TFO Mangrove series 690-4?

My brother uses one for zekes, read carp, in CO. He absolutely loves it but I would like to see one before I bought one.

If you know of any other similarly priced rods, $ 250.00 - $ 275.00 range, that offer a fighting butt on their 6 weight I'd entertain recommendations.

I want a rod that has a little less ummph than the 8 weight RPLxi that I typically use for warm water fishing. It's an awesome rod but I'm getting tired of air mailing 6 inch bluegills into the toulee weeds and think a 6 weight will do the trick.

Regards,

Hey Tim,

I looked around a bit, but couldn't find any place that stocked that rod (not much mangrove fishin' being done in PA). I know Terry [d]lies[/d] tell tales a lot, especially about catching "zekes", but in this case you may have to take his word that the rod is a good one...;-)

Good luck on your search.

Tim,
Not sure if you're planning on hitting the Lancaster Fly Fishing show, but I remember seeing them there last year. You might be able to find a decent deal as well. Coming up in a couple weeks.

Tim,

Reading the TFO site, I wanted to get one as well. After reading several different forums and various unflattering reviews, I decided that I'd look at a different model. That was a while back when looking for a streamer rod.

If you are interested, I have 2 rods about to hit eBay. 9' 6wt St Croix Legend ultra and 9' 6" TFO Axiom. Both have fighting butt. St Croix has seen minimal action and is in good shape. I think the Axiom has been used twice. Both models retail for $290-$340. Looking for $225 St Croix and $240 Axiom (case included with each).

Dear Krayfish,

Unfortunately I don't think I will be buying anything for a couple of months. I was just hoping that I would be able to see one this Spring and maybe buy it then if I liked it.

If for some reason your rods don't sell on Ebay I might be ready to buy something in a bout a month.

Regards,

Tim,

Ok. PM when you're ready. If they are still hanging around, you're welcome to demo cast. For some reason, I"ve ended up with a surplus of 6 weights. I went from all 3wts to all 6wts over the last couple yrears without realizing it.

Classic Fly Fisherman in Lansdale, PA has them in stock.

http://www.classicflyfisherman.com/

Chief

Back