Streamer suggestions for the little j

Chetty82

Chetty82

Anyone out there have streamer suggestions for the little juniata? I ahve the wooly bugger but nothing other than that basically.

Didnt know if any of you use them or not just wondering.

I got a bunch of big fish to hit an olive bugger on the little J last year.

Slumpbuster-Black-side.jpg

I bet it would work just fine.

What about the mickey fin, black nosed dace, the muddler minnow, and the yellow maribou? I know the wooly buggers are a good one to choose, but what about the ones I mentioned.

orginal1.jpg

This would work...

the only time i fished the little j i think i used all nymphs and wet flies.however,at any stream the black nosed dace can work.a mickey finn can be a great streamer,especially for rainbows.

one of my favorite streamers is a hornberg.

shakey says,
the only time i fished the little j i think i used all nymphs and wet flies.however,at any stream the black nosed dace can work.a mickey finn can be a great streamer,especially for rainbows.

one of my favorite streamers is a hornberg.

Isn't the cape for that fly really expensive and did you tie it or did you buy it? I found the original hornberg fly on ebay there are 41 of them in a size 10 for 40 dollars. That is with the jc cape tied to it.

instead of junglecock i use a guinea hen feather with a single dot over the stem cut out,or imitation jc,or a yellow dot of nail polish on a starling feather.

the guinea feather idea was in a recent fly tyer.

i might buy real jc soon,but i want to tye lots of flies with a sub first so there isn't much error with it.

Screw the jc unless you got the money to spend on it cause 189 bucks for the cheapest maybe a little cheaper than that but most of the ones I seen were around that price.

ok I used a black bead head wolly bugger and i caught smallmouth and fall fish. My wooly bugger looks nothing like it did before I used it and its all matted and rough feeling kinda of like hair gel or hairspray was used on it. Any suggestions on how to get it back to what it used to look and feel like.

For the limestoners, I love sculpins. Brown and black are my two favorite colors...

Tied a wooly bugger today was wondering what you all thought of it? I used a green dubbing instead of the chenille was wondering your take on this streamer?

Had you used chenille, it would be perfect. Will still catch fish...if that's your first, its really good.

This come outta kit I purchased from wal-mart several years ago and it did not have green chenille. So unfortunately until then I am stuck with this stuff until then.

Lion's Head (I think) Suede Yarn from the craft section. $5 will buy you a lifetime of thick, luxurious green chenille.

I've tied a few with peacock herl in lieu of chenille. I think it looks better, but not as thick.

I have to go to outta town to get stuff like that if I do that then I might as well go to spruce creek outfitters. They are closer cause wal-mart in here got rid of their yarn and material like that. That department is now party supplies.

If you have a puter and a paypal account or a credit card you don't even have to leave the chair...

ive tied a few with caddis green ice and black tail and hackle worked very well for me but it was a size 14 long nymph hook

Back