Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 (3)

Re: Stomach Pumps

If find this ridiculous. You know why? Because you already caught the fish dummy. Guess what there hitting on what they just took. Hahahahaha.

Posted on: 2013/9/24 11:28

From Philadelphia PA
Dam, I was hoping the owner of this post would figure that out. Thanks Acristickid for spilling the flies (beans).

I'm pretty sure that if you squeeze a little of his/hers poop out and see corn - Guess what there feeding on?

Posted on: 2013/9/24 15:30
"I am respected when I walk into any fly shop. Salespeople wait on me hand and waders. I once tried underwater casting just to see if I could. I am the most admired Fly Fisherman in the world. And when I fly-fish, I use the Orvis Access. Stay Fishing MF

From Pretty much everywhere at some point, Thorndale today.
I don't do it. Something extra to carry that just ain't worth it.

That said, I've got no problem with it either. Ok, maybe if the water is warm, you don't wanna handle it that long. Or if you know the fish is starving or something, not good. But in most cases, no problem.

I care about improving the % of fish that survive angler encounters. Not too concerned about their comfort level during the ordeal, though. As someone said, this is a blood sport. If you are worried if they feel a little pain, get nervous, or miss a meal, well, you shouldn't be dragging them around on pointed hooks. In the end, I want to preserve fisheries and populations, not individual fish.

Posted on: 2013/9/25 11:33

From NE OH
Soooo I guess this would be the wrong place to roll out my new line of flexible sigmoidiscopes for trout...... Trout need a good colonoscopy once in a while too you know

Posted on: 2013/9/25 13:13

From Philadelphia PA
Pat, you cold always test it on yourself to see if it works!

Posted on: 2013/9/25 13:34
"I am respected when I walk into any fly shop. Salespeople wait on me hand and waders. I once tried underwater casting just to see if I could. I am the most admired Fly Fisherman in the world. And when I fly-fish, I use the Orvis Access. Stay Fishing MF

From NE OH
Quote:

PennypackFlyer wrote:
Pat, you cold always test it on yourself to see if it works!

See, now you're thinking. With all of this crap going on in medicine, I figure we gotta come up with ways to cut health care costs. So, I have come up with a couple of ideas.

My 1st idea was for the home vasectomy kit. You actually get 3 kits in 1. You use the 1st 2 to practice on your cat and your dog and then you are up...

See, the home colonoscopy kit could be the same way. Shoot, if you can snake the colon of a brook trout...a human colon is nothing!

Posted on: 2013/9/25 13:55

From Johnstown, PA
aKid.........exactly......if you are that bloodthirsty that you need to know what the trout ate beside what you caught it on you are not only insecure........you're NUTS!!!!!!

Posted on: 2013/9/26 5:37

well. we don't know how harmful it is. a blood sport? haven't drawn blood all season. How about ripping their heads off? I got a deal with the fish. if I can fool them, fight them to the net, they get released quickly. I got a line....you got no line? sticking a tube into a trouts stomach? no way.

Posted on: 2013/10/1 19:51

From Philadelphia PA
Since the owner of this post has not made any comments...I'm led to believe that he either got scared off or never had any intentions of using a stomach pump on trout. It's like... he only wanted to read our reactions.

Posted on: 2013/10/2 19:51

From Hunker
A while back when I was doing some research on big spring I used it a few times to get a match on midge colors and sizes, but after later realizing that I really didn't even need it. Once you know your stream(s) well you won't need it, whenever inserting the pump, do not go further than an inch into the throat, pump once, and release. One pump is usually enough

Posted on: 2013/10/10 23:29
"Ours is the grandest sport. It is an intriguing battle of wits between an angler and a trout; and in addition to appreciating the tradition and grace of the game, we play it in the magnificent out-of-doors."
~ Ernest G. Schwiebert, Jr.

From Clearfield

Posted on: 2013/10/11 7:20

« 1 2 (3)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Do you keep a fishing journal?
Yes
No
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll will close at 2014/8/22 12:38
1 Comment

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com