wsender wrote:
Taste the burn of Curie.

Attach file:

jpg  curie-sm (1).JPG (129.83 KB)
53_5176e51250659.jpg 424X600 px

Posted on: 2013/4/23 15:46

Re: Something better than a vest?

From Landenberg, PA
the problem with any pack is that you can put it down....

if i'm fishing light i prefer a fishing shirt and kit down the waders front, for a full day nothing beats the vest imho - i have a shakespeare one that converts into a chest 'shorty' for deep wading or warm weather.

loose, it can also go over a ski jacket for those balmy january and february days on wild trout streams.

most seasons it just hangs on the back of the door just waiting for a fly box or two, ready to go.

Posted on: 2013/4/23 20:26

From Enola, PA
Quote:

gfen wrote:
Quote:

Crotalus wrote:
wear a hat about 10% of the time.

When that ELISA test comes back pos, you'll wonder if wearing a hat would've been the answer.

I was speaking hat in the strictest of terms, I am definitely not a ball cap guy, I have a Tilley for use in direct sun when there is a chance for a burn. usually have a buff on as a bandana in the kayak (along with a second one to cover neck, chin, cheeks, ears if needed) . The 10% number would be overall in everyday life, when fishing it is closer to 50% with a hat and 95% with some type of head covering.

I am comfortable with my choices.

Posted on: 2013/4/24 8:47

uhh...nevermind

From Lewisberry, PA
Just got this sling pack and couldn't be happier with it.
http://vedavoo.com/shopping/tightlines-sling-pack/

Posted on: 2013/4/29 19:49

From Clearfield County
I use a mountain smith lumbar pack. I mainly use it as a sling with the belt tucked away. I use the belt when I switch from fishing to hiking for support.

Best thing is there's plenty of room for food, drinks, stow away rain jacket and whatever else.

Posted on: 2013/4/29 20:33

troutwilleatflies,

Like you, I am in my "golden years" but I have a broken down body so I had to shed every ounce of weight, including my vest. So I became inventive and converted a Field & Stream fanny pack into a sling pack that I bought at K-Mart for a whopping 5 bucks, and it couldn't have worked out much better.

It holds 4 fly boxes in the main compartment (3 if I replace one with a sandwich) and tippet material, split shot, strike indicators, extra leader, spare forceps etc. in the two front compartments. I attached a clipper and sheepskin pad to the outside, and I carry a water bottle on the back sling with a carabiner. I also attach a wading staff with carabiner to the front of the sling.

Like I said, this couldn't have worked out much better for me, practically don't even know it's there.

Posted on: 2013/4/29 21:08

From Central PA
where do you guys put the beer?

Posted on: 2013/4/29 21:41

In my belly, or the creek to keep it cold.

Posted on: 2013/4/29 21:55

From Peasant Gap
I'm with Pcray on this. I wear a chest box and lanard for about 90% of my troutfishing. It's pretty much all I need. I do wear a William and Josef vest pack if I'm going to be away from the vehicle for a long time. This is to carry all of the stuff I might need, but never do need.

I don't think a fanny pack would work me. It would be soaked from wading. I do sometimes use a small army surplus pouch on a shoulder strap for brookie fishing.

Posted on: 2013/5/5 14:09

In my bait fishing for trout days, I used a sling or 'satchel' to hold my jar of live minnows and all my stuff. This in mind, I tried a sling pack
by either william Joseph or who ever. I just couldn't make it jibe with my style. I am, however, thinking the patagonia Atom Sling may be the best alternative to a vest that isn't a 2-sided, non chest pack.

Posted on: 2013/5/5 21:10

From Lewisberry, PA
Quote:

Sylvaneous wrote:
In my bait fishing for trout days, I used a sling or 'satchel' to hold my jar of live minnows and all my stuff. This in mind, I tried a sling pack
by either william Joseph or who ever. I just couldn't make it jibe with my style. I am, however, thinking the patagonia Atom Sling may be the best alternative to a vest that isn't a 2-sided, non chest pack.

Sylv,
Check out the link I posted above. Vedavoo is an awesome company. Everything is really well thought out and made in the USA. Scott is great to work with and will customize a pack with anything you want and any color combination.

Posted on: 2013/5/9 19:51

From Gamehendge
Quote:

Gone_Phishin wrote:
Quote:

Sylvaneous wrote:

Sylv,
Check out the link I posted above. Vedavoo is an awesome company. Everything is really well thought out and made in the USA. Scott is great to work with and will customize a pack with anything you want and any color combination.

X2 on Vedavoo. Awesome gear, and moderately priced. If you do decide on them. Tell them John and Joel sent ya.

Posted on: 2013/5/9 22:51

From Anchorage, Alaska
You might look at this for a chest pack solution: http://www.tals-fishing.com/TALS-600.cfm

Adopted in an effort to lighten and re-distribute my load. Very lightweight. Made in PA. Unique fly attachment system. Nice working platform. Excellent price point. It's great on a pontoon or float tube. Very handy for wading the river, too (though it does force me to move my .44 from my chest to my underarm). Since I have to have a backpack on me at most times, the bigger stuff that I can't put in this chest pack has a home, anyhow.

Used it for two seasons, now. Don't think I'll sell it.

Posted on: 2013/5/10 20:32

« 1 (2)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com