Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: Sinking line vs. sink tips

From Ohio
The poly leaders are decent, Rio makes a similar product, but I can't remember what its called. The 6-7 ips poly leaders are good. Try adding a conehead as a bullet weight, if you need a little more weight to get you down. Slip the cone onto the tippet, tie the fly to the tippet with a non-slip mono loop, and slide the cone down over the knot so it is resting on the eye of the hook. I generally carry brass and tungston cones in addition to the poly leader to get a fly deeper. Cast slightly up stream and give it a big mend to get tension off of the fly so it will freely sink before the current grabs the line. This will get you down fast for those deep pools.

Posted on: 2013/11/12 7:49

From Cambria County
I got to try out the add on sink tips this past weekend. For all the streamer fishing I do, I think they're the right choice for me. The get my fly down deep fast. The do hinge pretty bad while casting but it is what it is. Hell, I don't cast all that gracefully with anything on the end of my line so it's not all that different.

Posted on: 2013/11/13 7:06

From Chester County
Quote:

Railking wrote:
I got to try out the add on sink tips this past weekend. For all the streamer fishing I do, I think they're the right choice for me. The get my fly down deep fast. The do hinge pretty bad while casting but it is what it is. Hell, I don't cast all that gracefully with anything on the end of my line so it's not all that different.

Try using a Tension Cast aka Belgian Cast for poly leaders:

http://midcurrent.com/techniques/the-belgian-cast/

Posted on: 2013/11/13 7:22

« 1 (2)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Will you be fly fishing this autumn?
Yes
No
Thinking about it
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll will close at 2014/10/31 17:56
1 Comment

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com