Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Sink tip for a 4wt.

From NW pa
I use my 7.5 foot 4 wt to fish streamers on smaller creeks. I have a whulff triangle taper shooting head on it and love it for smaller creeks when fishing streamers or heavy nymphs. I was wondering would a 3 foot section of say t14 sinking line that the spey guys use work for my little 4 weight? Anyone out there try such a thing? I don't want to give up the shooting head type line as it works so good with roll casting or single, or double speys when there is no backcasting room.
Thanks,
Greg.

Posted on: 2011/12/26 18:51

Re: Sink tip for a 4wt.

From Pittsburgh
i'm not sure (of anything) but I would think that would overload your rod quite a bit. I think I would be more inclined to just use shot or weighted flies. The few times that I had to get really deep or fished a flow that was really fast with a 4wt, i had to add too much weight and it ended up feeling really clunky. I remember wishing I had a 5 or even a 6wt.

someone on the board might have some extra t-whatever laying around. might be worth a try.

Posted on: 2011/12/27 20:41

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Will you be fly fishing this autumn?
Yes
No
Thinking about it
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll will close at 2014/10/31 17:56
Comments?

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com