Simms Dry Creek Camera Bag

shipnfish2006

shipnfish2006

I was looking at these bags the other day and they looked like they'd be real good for carrying my good camera along with me. Does anyone have any experience with them?

I'd recomend getting an Aquapac bag for your camera. I've had mine for years and it definitely is waterproof and realiable. I purchased mine from LL Bean.

Thanks for the suggestion. I have one of those I use in my kayak, but its just too much of a pain to carry around and it's not padded like the Simms bag. Also the simms bag could go on my wading belt to make it more convienent. The only thing I question about it is it says its not submersible, so unless I put it in a plastic bag it could get wet if I were to fall in. My experience with a plastic bag though is that the lens tends to fog up on warm days.

never leaked for me, I'd recommend it.

Thats why I always get waders with the built in pocket in the front of them or the neoprenes with the built in hand warmers. The camera fits in there perfectly. I won't buy waders without that pocket. It almost seems like it was just designed for that and is always there for easy access. The Aquapac is definitely submercible.

I have the simms camera bag in orange......useful, but it was a tight fit for my canon AE-1 underwater camera....not a big camera, but a tight fit nonetheless...........I did purchase a Olympus SW 790 and it does fit, but since this camera is so freakin' small, I can fit it in the pocket of my chest waders (simms G3) so now the bag sits.....it comes with like a plastic sealable bag that goes inside the orange bag.......if I had the choice to do it over, I would not have purchased the simms bag......the good thing about the simms bag was that I was able to attach it ( hanging it ) off a belt loop on my waders.....it was a fuss to get the camera out and ready to go.....with the camera in the front pocket of my waders......it takes no time at all to get the camera out and snap a photo....then release the fish......piece of cake.....

I have the simms camera bag in orange......useful, but it was a tight fit for my canon AE-1 underwater camera....not a big camera, but a tight fit nonetheless...........I did purchase a Olympus SW 790 and it does fit, but since this camera is so freakin' small, I can fit it in the pocket of my chest waders (simms G3) so now the bag sits.....it comes with a plastic sealable bag that goes inside the orange bag.......if I had the choice to do it over, I would not have purchased the simms bag......the good thing about the simms bag was that I was able to attach it (hanging it ) off a belt loop on my waders.....it was a fuss to get the camera out and ready to go.....with the camera in the front pocket of my waders......it takes no time at all to get the camera out and snap a photo....then release the fish......piece of cake.....
the bag is very useful when used while canoeing, kayaking or boating.....you can attach it to whatever you want and know that your camera will stay dry......

Thanks for the replies guys. I decided to go ahead and get it. I usually put my cameras in my waders, but my new camera that I use now for wildlife photography is too bulky for in my waders, so I had to scratch that idea. I measured the camera bag at a local fly shop and it should fit easily. My camera is a Panasonic DMC-FZ8K, not sure how that compares in size to your canon, 2bonthewater. It looked like if put my wading belt through the back of it the i would be able to have easy access to it through the top. Oh well, its on its way, if I don't like it then I guess theres another $30 down the drain...

Back