Seele Fly Rods - Still in Business?

Letort

Letort

They are a fly rod maker started in PA, with Mike McFarland as a partner.

There website has been in maintenance mode for a while. Anyone know whats going on?

Seele is no more. Mcfarland has a history of not delivering rods that were paid for. Stay far, far away. He makes great rods but is a lousy businessman.

Interesting. i had been in contact with him and follow up was not good. Never got to the point of sending money, but was concerned about the pattern of communication.

I've bought numerous blanks from him, never had an issue, guess I'm one of the lucky ones.

bikerfish wrote:
I've bought numerous blanks from him, never had an issue, guess I'm one of the lucky ones.

I bought numerous rods, no issues here either.

I sent him money for a rod a few years ago and he never shipped it and didn't respond back at all. It took the police having to warn him that if he didn't return the money he was being charged with theft in order for me to get my money back.

Stay far away.

I sent him money for a rod a few years ago and he never shipped it and didn't respond back at all. It took the police having to warn him that if he didn't return the money he was being charged with theft in order for me to get my money back.

Stay far away.

Same here. I have purchased two rods from Mike and both were top notch and were delivered on time with no issues.

Seele is no more.

Never had a problem with Mike.

His new company is McFarland fly rods. I have cast several and they are very nice. Quality takes time, Mike makes a quality rod. I am excited to fish my first McFarland here in the very near future.

Back