Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: Scott A4 or Orvis Access

From Upper Bucks
I've sent rods in to Orvis and Scott. I've only had issues with Orvis. They are better with their rods than they are with anything else they sell, especially dog beds.
I've casted a few of the A4's. They are similar to the S3's.
They aren't very fast at all, at least the trout weights.

Posted on: 2013/2/1 14:16

From Clearville Pa
when i was looking to buy my 10' 4 wt it was between these two..the access was lighter so that was one of the many reason why i picked that one

Posted on: 2013/2/1 15:14

From West Chester, PA
I never said Scott wasn't a quick turnaround. My point was that they charge $50 plus shipping. With Orvis - I pay nothing when I break a rod. End of story.

Scott performance - yes, they are great rods in my experience. I won't take that away from them at all. I do like the Orvis product as well, especially the Helios.

Again, it really depends on what type of fishing you are doing, etc.

Posted on: 2013/2/2 8:58

From Lebanon County, PA
As has been stated, you can't go wrong with either rod. What is important is what fits you and your fishing style the best. I have several Orvis rods, not an Access, but I do have its predecessor the TLS and have been more than pleased with its quality and performance and their customer service is outstanding.

Posted on: 2013/2/4 10:35

From Philadelphia PA
I use the Orvis Clearwaters all the time. Love their warrenty as well...Have broke off the tip twice and they replaced the complete setups. Only changed for shipping and handling.

Posted on: 2013/2/4 13:01
"I am respected when I walk into any fly shop. Salespeople wait on me hand and waders. I once tried underwater casting just to see if I could. I am the most admired Fly Fisherman in the world. And when I fly-fish, I use the Orvis Access. Stay Fishing MF

From Lebanon County, PA
Hi Pennypackflyer, I also have two Orvis Clearwater rods. They are sweet rods aren't they? I especially like my 8 1/2 ft 4wt. In my opinion they are a great value for the money.

Posted on: 2013/2/4 13:39

From Clearville Pa
Quote:

TDB wrote:
I never said Scott wasn't a quick turnaround. My point was that they charge $50 plus shipping. With Orvis - I pay nothing when I break a rod. End of story.

Scott performance - yes, they are great rods in my experience. I won't take that away from them at all. I do like the Orvis product as well, especially the Helios.

how did u get away with out paying anything...i broke the tip of my access last oct and i had to pay $25 for S&H

Posted on: 2013/2/4 13:44

From West Chester, PA
Took it to the Factory store in Downingtown, PA. They gave me a new rod and took ther hassle of sending my old one back. It was a true factory defect though. I had another one that I broke (fishing too hard!) and I had to ship it back. It cost me about $15 to ship it back and that was it.

The 2 recent encounters I had with Scott involved me paying to ship it (about $15) and then paying them a $50 service fee. Heck, I only had $118 in the rod from them. That was enough right there to end it for me.

Again, not saying they are a bad rod - but if I can get a rod that performs as well cheaper with a much better customer service program, I'm going to take it...

Posted on: 2013/2/4 20:45

Quote:

TDB wrote:

I wish I could say its free for Orvis rod repairs but...

http://www.orvis.com/intro.aspx?subject=2730

Quote:
We were the first rod company in the world to offer a guarantee, and it is still the best. Purchase an Orvis graphite rod and, for a quarter of a century, we'll repair your rod no questions asked. If we can't repair it, we'll choose a current rod of at least equal value to replace it. Either way, your investment is assured.

For rods manufactured after January 2003, there will be a nominal handling charge of $30. By purchasing an Orvis rod, you have placed your trust in our commitment to quality. The 25-year Guarantee is our thank you

Posted on: 2013/2/12 15:34

« 1 (2)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Will you be fly fishing this autumn?
Yes
No
Thinking about it
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll will close at 2014/10/31 17:56
1 Comment

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com