Scadden boat owners....

sight_nymph_17109

sight_nymph_17109

If you have a Skykomish model pontoon boat, check the pins that connect the back of the seat to the bottom. I've had a pin come out while fishing and know 3 other guys that the same has happened to. You may want to tighten them of grab a back up pin at the hardware store and thow it on the boat for quick repairs.

Same thing happened to me, but I just swiped a few e-clips from work. :-D

For future reference, in case you actually manage to break a seat, they're available locally...

from Cabela's

and...

Walmart

The Walmart near me had them for $20. Same exact seat as on my Scadden. They also have swivels for the seats, and a post to raise it up a bit. The height increase makes it easier to stand up on the platform.

Clevis pin and clip... $1.99. You can see it in the photo I posted under 'stream reports'

I will mark this thread for future reference when I get back from a float with no seat back.

Guess they don't call them e-clips. This is what I replaced the clips with - they don't fall off...

The oar locks have a similar pin on the bottom.

Those are sweet. May have to look into a set of those. Jdaddy, go a head and get a set. You seat back WILL fall off sooner or later. It's a poor design they use.

It's a poor design they use.

That's because Scadden is using off the shelf Walmart seats. He should custom make them. You know, use the LAZER LOCK!

Back