Sage Vantage Opinions?

Weible1

Weible1

I was wondering if anyone had an opinion on the Sage Vantage rods. Madison River Fishing Company has the 9' 4wt on sale for $129. I was considering picking one up, but I thougt I would seek opinions first. They also have the Flight series marked down as well not that I look back on the site.

I have the 9' 5wt.....is a mod fast action or seems to be to me....will load to the middle of the rod......not all that great in close with a 5 wt line in my opinion....I had a DT 6 on it and it worked well at 20-30 feet but got soft past that.....would probably be best with a half size heavier line like a SA GPX but it depends on personnel use/opinion

Overall, I am happy with the quality of the rod for $200 and would have been much happier at $129 especially if it is backed by warranty....I have two Orvis Clearwaters as well and it is on par with them for original price point and quality

Really is a steal for $129

I have a Sage Vantage 9ft 4wt and use a SA Mastery Series Trout Taper 4 wt line with it. It is without a doubt my dry fly rod. I don't have any problem with it up close and in fact I have used it on quite a few brook trout streams the past few years, so obviously I liked casting it in close. I think it loads easy and has a great feel with a trout on the other end!

For that price. Well worth it.

For retail price. Meh. I'll pass.

I have one in a 9ft 4wt four piece. Love the rod, I have fished 5 wt and 4wt lines off of it and it seems to handle both nicely.

See if you can get a sage flight on closeout. It will cost a few more bucks, but well worth the extra money.

They don't have the flight offered in a 4wt unfortunately. They have an 8'6" 5wt flight, but I have my heart set on a 9' 4wt. Don't ask me why because I have no reason I suppose.

Back